Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Incontinence Update and App

User
Posted 23 Mar 2022 at 09:09

Hey all. 

I guess this post is to say that I totally understand everyone is different depending on age, fitness, exercises etc but 8 weeks post RALP, I have finally got to having 2 dry days and nights on a trot. (Probably not the best word πŸ˜‚) 

I still have a pad on but think that is for confidence. I think it is vital to keep up with the pelvic floor exercises and I use the Squeezy app as it nags me to do them and would recommend the app to anyone as you can’t forget then! 

I know there has been and will be days where it won’t be great but they are minor set backs. Walking too far makes me want to rush to the loo and then I am constantly feeling my jeans to make sure I haven’t leaked but so far so good. 

So take heart men, it will improve over time and we will get crappy days along the way but for some men that have just had their catheter out, I guess this is just a reminder to keep going, keep the exercises up and don’t push the exercises to much. 

Much love all 

User
Posted 23 Mar 2022 at 09:09

Hey all. 

I guess this post is to say that I totally understand everyone is different depending on age, fitness, exercises etc but 8 weeks post RALP, I have finally got to having 2 dry days and nights on a trot. (Probably not the best word πŸ˜‚) 

I still have a pad on but think that is for confidence. I think it is vital to keep up with the pelvic floor exercises and I use the Squeezy app as it nags me to do them and would recommend the app to anyone as you can’t forget then! 

I know there has been and will be days where it won’t be great but they are minor set backs. Walking too far makes me want to rush to the loo and then I am constantly feeling my jeans to make sure I haven’t leaked but so far so good. 

So take heart men, it will improve over time and we will get crappy days along the way but for some men that have just had their catheter out, I guess this is just a reminder to keep going, keep the exercises up and don’t push the exercises to much. 

Much love all 

User
Posted 29 Mar 2022 at 14:05

Update - Take heart men, I know it is not always like this but am now approx 6-7 days dry. Had one minor leak when I sneezed but I am getting there slowly. 

Keep up with your pelvic floor exercises guys 🀞

User
Posted 23 Mar 2022 at 18:08

Steve,

Good to hear of your progress, may it continue. It gives me hope.

Do you still avoid drinking alcohol / caffeine - ( known bladder irritants ) ?

P.

User
Posted 23 Mar 2022 at 18:20

Hi P

Thank you so much. Hang on in there for sure. 

I don’t drink caffeine at all, stopped about 5 years ago but do enjoy a glass of wine and it has no impact at all. I had heard that beer does though and goes straight through some people. 

Steve 

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Steve,

P.

User
Posted 29 Mar 2022 at 16:59

Well done, Steve. I am now 4.5 months post RALP having also to have a bladder neck reconstruct due to a previous TURP. Last two days, my pads have been virtually dry. Just been out shopping for a couple of hours and no serious leak. I'm over 74 years of age (sorry you got it so young), I know that progress need not be linear, but it looks like I am making serious progress at last. There is hope for us all. 

Peter

User
Posted 01 Apr 2022 at 11:28

Well just to put a funny spin on it all…so day 2 of not wearing any pads and nice and dry finally.
So I got to 10pm last night and was almost dancing round the living room saying to my wife “2 days without a pad baby!! Whoop whoop” only to cough and leak πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

So note to myself and others, don’t be cocky and realise that accidents will happen but good days are outweighing the bad ones. There is life through this all….

Now onto getting an erection which is another story πŸ™„

User
Posted 01 Apr 2022 at 13:03
Such great news Steve on the continence front. I hope we get the same results. Everything crossed that the ED improves - it’s still early days x
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 23 Mar 2022 at 18:08

Steve,

P.

User
Posted 23 Mar 2022 at 18:20

Hi P

Thank you so much. Hang on in there for sure. 

I don’t drink caffeine at all, stopped about 5 years ago but do enjoy a glass of wine and it has no impact at all. I had heard that beer does though and goes straight through some people. 

Steve 

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Steve,

P.

User
Posted 23 Mar 2022 at 19:22

Let me know how you get on Martin. One thing I forgot to say and I wasn’t told, make sure you take 2 litres of water with you tomorrow. 

I had 1 hour 20 minutes to drink it all before trying to pee it back out and they measure it. 

Good luck tomorrow mate 

User
Posted 29 Mar 2022 at 14:05

Update - Take heart men, I know it is not always like this but am now approx 6-7 days dry. Had one minor leak when I sneezed but I am getting there slowly. 

Keep up with your pelvic floor exercises guys 🀞

User
Posted 29 Mar 2022 at 16:59

Well done, Steve. I am now 4.5 months post RALP having also to have a bladder neck reconstruct due to a previous TURP. Last two days, my pads have been virtually dry. Just been out shopping for a couple of hours and no serious leak. I'm over 74 years of age (sorry you got it so young), I know that progress need not be linear, but it looks like I am making serious progress at last. There is hope for us all. 

Peter

User
Posted 01 Apr 2022 at 11:28

Well just to put a funny spin on it all…so day 2 of not wearing any pads and nice and dry finally.
So I got to 10pm last night and was almost dancing round the living room saying to my wife “2 days without a pad baby!! Whoop whoop” only to cough and leak πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

So note to myself and others, don’t be cocky and realise that accidents will happen but good days are outweighing the bad ones. There is life through this all….

Now onto getting an erection which is another story πŸ™„

User
Posted 01 Apr 2022 at 13:03
Such great news Steve on the continence front. I hope we get the same results. Everything crossed that the ED improves - it’s still early days x