I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Uncomfortable

User
Posted 14 Apr 2022 at 16:46

Hi,had prostate removed 29th March 2022, my dick aches and painful if I sit or walk, any remedies. Also willing to answer questions on robotic surgery

User
Posted 15 May 2022 at 22:34

Hi,I had robotic on the 29th March and a bit similar to you I was not told a lot but did have the booklets ect to find out as much as possible before the opp. I too had diarrhoea on and off for around 3 weeks and I am still very uncomfortable especially if I sit on hard chairs. I am uncomfortable if I do too much also so I now do as little as possible and rest. Fortunately after the catheter removal I had some control about 3 days after but had to go back into hospital for intravenous antibiotics as my abdomen swelled up one night. I have 90% control now and I think you are at a very early stage and need to be patient. I am told the discomfort improves but takes time,even up to and over 6 months. Wishing you all the best Regards Gary

User
Posted 14 Apr 2022 at 19:46

You've had major surgery. It's only been two weeks - it'll take several months for all the muscles that have been cut to regrow. Take it easy and don't expect miracles. As the previous poster commented, it is early days. You've had a vasectomy as part of the RP, so aches in that area are to be expected.

All the best,

Chris

Edited by member 14 Apr 2022 at 19:47  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 14 Apr 2022 at 21:08

try rolling a towel to support scotum when sat (surgeons advice) can help. There will be a lot of bruising etc. Take it easy, it’s early days and keep up the pain meds if needed. Wishing you well x

User
Posted 14 Apr 2022 at 21:09

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hi,yes nearly full bladder control, but taking paracetamol a lot,it’s after I have been sat down it hurts like hell. I am on antibiotics as I had a leak into my body cavity and had to go back to hospital. Lost a stone as appetite gone and my opp was 5 1/2 hours as a few problems,thxs for the reply

hubby had 2 courses of antibox as he had an infection from catheter.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 14 Apr 2022 at 19:37
Hi Collinge. My hubby had surgery before you. He didn’t get any pain in scrotum but his penis was tender after catheter came out. It’s all got to heal in there. It’s early days remember. Are you still taking paracetemol and assume you are passing water ok? X
User
Posted 14 Apr 2022 at 19:46

You've had major surgery. It's only been two weeks - it'll take several months for all the muscles that have been cut to regrow. Take it easy and don't expect miracles. As the previous poster commented, it is early days. You've had a vasectomy as part of the RP, so aches in that area are to be expected.

All the best,

Chris

Edited by member 14 Apr 2022 at 19:47  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 14 Apr 2022 at 20:55

Hi,yes nearly full bladder control, but taking paracetamol a lot,it’s after I have been sat down it hurts like hell. I am on antibiotics as I had a leak into my body cavity and had to go back to hospital. Lost a stone as appetite gone and my opp was 5 1/2 hours as a few problems,thxs for the reply

User
Posted 14 Apr 2022 at 21:08

try rolling a towel to support scotum when sat (surgeons advice) can help. There will be a lot of bruising etc. Take it easy, it’s early days and keep up the pain meds if needed. Wishing you well x

User
Posted 14 Apr 2022 at 21:09

hubby had 2 courses of antibox as he had an infection from catheter.

User
Posted 15 May 2022 at 15:13

Hi I had robot assisted surgery to remove my prostate on the 20th April 2022. Since then I’ve had an infection when they took out my catheter, severe diarrhoea whenever I eat which has now caused piles and bleeding, pain everywhere in my abdomen and I go through at least 10 incontinence pads a day. Does anyone know if this is all part of recovering as I was not told much when discharged. Thanks 

James

User
Posted 15 May 2022 at 21:24

Hi James, I would start a new thread so your message doesn’t lost.

Do you still have contact with the team who did your surgery? I would give them a call. Everything has to settle down and return to it’s normal position. Abdomen will still feel tender and swelling can take a while to go down but shouldn’t really be too painful if surgery was straightforward? Are you doing your pelvic floor exercises to help with continence?

Edited by member 15 May 2022 at 21:27  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 15 May 2022 at 22:34

Hi,I had robotic on the 29th March and a bit similar to you I was not told a lot but did have the booklets ect to find out as much as possible before the opp. I too had diarrhoea on and off for around 3 weeks and I am still very uncomfortable especially if I sit on hard chairs. I am uncomfortable if I do too much also so I now do as little as possible and rest. Fortunately after the catheter removal I had some control about 3 days after but had to go back into hospital for intravenous antibiotics as my abdomen swelled up one night. I have 90% control now and I think you are at a very early stage and need to be patient. I am told the discomfort improves but takes time,even up to and over 6 months. Wishing you all the best Regards Gary

User
Posted 17 May 2022 at 20:50

Hi,it won’t let me answer private messages or post something new. I have hit a brick wall after 5 weeks now at 7 weeks and still uncomfortable. I have my follow up 30th May to get results of blood tests ect.

User
Posted 17 May 2022 at 21:10

Collinge. 

Have you been in touch with your urology department or GP. At seven weeks after RARP I was back at work. I know we all recover at different rates but you sound to be struggling. 

As a newbie you can't send PMs yet and new conversations are sometimes rejected because an item is perhaps not confirmed.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 17 May 2022 at 21:22

Hi,

You have to wait untill you have posted a certain number of times to qualify for posting private messages. I thought it was 5 but can't remember. It's something that some of us only do very rarely because others on here benefit by seeing matters affecting PCa and members can't put right any incorrect information passed in PM's that could be corrected or modified if generally viewed in the forum.

As regards starting a subject, it needs to have a slightly different title than others before, to be correctly entered and confirmed. It will then be viewed by moderators before being shown. So there will be a varying delay before you see your heading depending on how quickly mods vet it.

Edited by member 17 May 2022 at 23:41  | Reason: spelling

Barry
User
Posted 17 May 2022 at 22:50

Hi thanks Barry, I don’t think I will use the site anymore,too many obstacles,Regards Gary

User
Posted 17 May 2022 at 22:51

Hi,I am retired but no way would I have been able to work,I have my first appointment 30th May as they are overloaded.

User
Posted 18 May 2022 at 00:01

Hi thanks Barry, I don’t think I will use the site anymore,too many obstacles,Regards Gary

Sorry you find that Gary.  This is by no means the only forum that restricts new members and moderates subjects being introduced even by long standing members.  Many people have thanked members, found support and come to learn of things they were not aware of by reading and participating.  Where members are not able to fully answer aspects, they are usually able to suggest who might be able to help.  Actually, there are very few rules and it is quite easy to follow quite soon.  One rule is that you should not mention a doctor's name but otherwise just about all matters relating to PCa and it's treatment are considered.

Barry
User
Posted 18 May 2022 at 10:05

I understand but I will not use or post again as I am not wasting my time typing this and then getting it rejected. Regards Gary