I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Thankfully there are the first signs of improvemnent - but why do i need the Durex ring

User
Posted 19 Apr 2022 at 15:38

14months since Open RP, PSA at 12 months was 0.013

Using a pump 3 times a week and I’m taking 5mg of Tadalafil daily

After 14 months of absolutely nothing erection wise things look to be on the change and we appear to have had a bit of a break though. During sex last week I got the sensation that it was starting to get an erection even though it wasn’t ?? This sensation carried on for some time but there's was no real noticeable change in size or hardness. It had no negative impact and I was pleased that something appeared to be changing after all this time. I then remembered the infamous Durex silicon ring from a previous post so I ordered one from Amazon. Last night same sensation but a bit more of it (if that makes sense), so I quickly put the ring on and bingo within a minute or two I had a very impressive semi !! After over a year of nothing this is a massive boost but I’m unsure what's happening? I understand that the surgery damaged the nerve bundles that are on the outside of the prostate and that these nerves when aroused are responsible for sending the blood to the penis to cause an erection but I wasn’t aware that they were needed to keep the blood there and keep it hard ? Or have i got it all completely wrong? 

I understand why you need a tension ring when using a pump as the blood is just being sucked there under vacuum and will flow back out as soon as you release the vacuum unless restricted by the tension ring. But with the help of the daily Tadalafil and the 14 months worth of internal repairs that must have happened to these nerves its clear they are now repaired enough to start diverting a bit blood to were its required but why do i need the ring to keep it there?

Obviously still got a long way to go, but this recent change is a huge boost , I'm just not sure of the mechanics of it all.

Knowing what’s going on isn’t going to change anything but any explanation would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Phil

Edited by member 19 Apr 2022 at 18:08  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 19 Apr 2022 at 22:42
Great explanation JB

At 14 months I was at about the same stage Phillip. 7 years on I only use the little rubber ring. Sex is better with the sidenifil enhancement but the spontenaety and zero side effects without chemical enhancement are reward enough for me and my missus!

User
Posted 19 Apr 2022 at 22:24

The short answer to your question is because you are experiencing a "semi".

It is easy to understand that an erection is caused by blood pressure expanding the penis tissues - but that requires not only a blood flow into the penis but that there isn't an immediate loss of that blood through the veins. The blood flow depends on the nerves which are vulnerable to damage during surgery, but can be at least partly restored with tadalafil. The veins which take the blood away again are positioned around the outside of the erectile tissue in such a position that they are squeezed closed by a full erection, thus enabling the erection to be maintained. For you in the recovery phase, the "semi" you are experiencing hasn't enough pressure to close the veins, so the erection very easily dissipates. A ring adds enough extra pressure from the outside to achieve closure, and thus even a "semi" can be maintained. Which can make a big practical difference.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 19 Apr 2022 at 22:24

The short answer to your question is because you are experiencing a "semi".

It is easy to understand that an erection is caused by blood pressure expanding the penis tissues - but that requires not only a blood flow into the penis but that there isn't an immediate loss of that blood through the veins. The blood flow depends on the nerves which are vulnerable to damage during surgery, but can be at least partly restored with tadalafil. The veins which take the blood away again are positioned around the outside of the erectile tissue in such a position that they are squeezed closed by a full erection, thus enabling the erection to be maintained. For you in the recovery phase, the "semi" you are experiencing hasn't enough pressure to close the veins, so the erection very easily dissipates. A ring adds enough extra pressure from the outside to achieve closure, and thus even a "semi" can be maintained. Which can make a big practical difference.

User
Posted 19 Apr 2022 at 22:42
Great explanation JB

At 14 months I was at about the same stage Phillip. 7 years on I only use the little rubber ring. Sex is better with the sidenifil enhancement but the spontenaety and zero side effects without chemical enhancement are reward enough for me and my missus!

User
Posted 22 May 2022 at 09:03

Agreed @francij - the soft squishy type of rings are excellent as a support for partly-functioning natural erectile function. On good days my body can keep my hard naturally, but at least half of the time I need the extra help of a ring. The soft type of rings are the least intrusive and painful. As a variation I sometimes use the slightly bigger ones that fit over both penis and balls - feels different and can be quite sexy.