I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Chemo or pills

User
Posted 26 Apr 2022 at 15:52

My Husband and I saw the Oncologist yesterday.  He has bone mets and was offered chemo, Enzalutamide or Apalutamide.  We are not sure   He had his 1st Zoladex Inplant last week.  He is 80 but no other conditions and pretty fit for his age   He has never been on any meds till now .  Any advice appreciated but as I told him it's his call.  Any pros or cons or does anyone know if any trials have proved one is better .  I asked if he couldn't tolerate the chemo can he have the pills but she said no it would just be the Zoladex.  So I asked if he did the 6 chemos and then his psa rose could he have the pills then and she said yes.  Very confused.

Edited by member 26 Apr 2022 at 16:35  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 26 Apr 2022 at 16:44

Hi

I've been on Apalutamide for 16 months, after 20 doses of radiotherapy. My PSA has dropped from 383 to untraceable for the last 9 months with no major side effects other than a bit of fatigue. On the Zolodex as well every 3 months.

Good Luck

Stuart

Edited by member 26 Apr 2022 at 16:45  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 28 Apr 2022 at 21:26

I’m in the exact same situation albeit much younger. I’ll be taking a second opinion shortly and let you know what I find out. 

All the best.