I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Tadalafil and ADT

User
Posted 26 Apr 2022 at 22:31

I had a non-nerve sparing RALP last September and have been on ADT for over 18 months as the cancer was also in my bone. Not surprisingly or unexpected ED is total. It has now been suggested that I should try Tadalafil.

I may be wrong but I thought that in my situation the chances of it being successful are almost nil. Am I correct?

User
Posted 27 Apr 2022 at 07:45

My surgery was "supposedly" non nerve sparring, but a few months after surgery I was getting some stirrings in my tackle. I was put daily sildenafil, it didn't do a great deal but from info on here it was probably not the best medication to be on.

Something like 3 Percent of non nerve sparring men claim to make a full recovery but as said on here numerous times if the nerves have been fully removed the medication should not work. Can nerves regrow, how knows ? 

My surgeon said there is a network of nerves in the area and the body may find a way of rerouting messages. 

I did get some promising swelling after surgery and eight years on from surgery and five years post salvage RT I can still get about a 70 percent swelling. The sewlling is not  usually spontaneous and the best results are usually achieved after passing a large firm motion. I never expected to fully recover but it has been fun trying. 

I tried the muse pellets with some success,but the caverrject injections are more reliable and achieve better results.

I find stimulation is still a major factor in getting a success result. I often tell people you don't need an erection for vaginal intercourse, we used the flaccid insertion technique with great success.

Try anything they give you and as Andy62 normally suggests try all the different medications for a while. 

Never give up ,have fun and think outside the box. 

Thanks Chris