Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

still leaking......

User
Posted 05 May 2022 at 10:53

Hi,

Its been 2 1/2 yrs since my prostate was removed and am still using 1-2 pads a day?

Is this normal or is there something I can do about it apart from the pelvic floor excercises?

Thanks,

Terry

User
Posted 05 May 2022 at 20:38

Hello Terry,

It would be worth getting an appointment with a pelvic health physiotherapist to check you are doing your pelvic floor exercises correctly. You can ask for this on the NHS, but if the waiting time is long, you might consider going privately.

If you are doing them correctly, then it's unlikely there would be any further improvement after the first year. In that case, you should ask to be referred back to urology who would investigate and suggest some procedures depending what they find. Some options might be a filler inside the sphincter to make it close off further, or fitting an artificial urinary sphincter, but it depends what they find, obviously.

User
Posted 05 May 2022 at 21:58

Terry , based on your previous posts, has some other treatment triggered a recurrence of your incontinence. 

I had numerous dilatations after my surgery, but always managed to recover my continence after a few days. 

Thanks Chris