I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Continual non bacterial UTI

User
Posted 16 May 2022 at 06:52

I had radical prostatectomy in 2018 and salvage radiotherapy in 2021. Found the latter tougher than the surgery. Since 2021 working hard to get back in shape. A ridiculously keen cyclist I keep getting phases of Urinary tract infections. I drink lots - water, lemon barley water, take various cystitis powder etc to reduce urine acidity. Whenever I feel the symptoms coming on I use urine dipsticks but often these show negative. GP has tested for infection and negative but I have had numerous positive tests for infection so even when the test is negative there is no disputing the symptoms ie increased frequency of passing urine, feeling rough, etc. GP says it is non bacterial UTI.  It seems to take 4-6 weeks and then it goes. Any suggestions - I am drinking water for England, cutting down on diuretics, trying cranberry juice, barley water etc. will try the double voiding ( haven’t fully tried that but do always endeavour to fully empty bladder). Is the cycling bruising that area and am I constantly aggravating an already damaged area? Urologist didn’t seem to think the cycling was an issu and suggested drinking more and avoiding diuretics. Honestly if I drink more I will resemble a reservoir! Have worked so hard hard to get back to health but these 6 week periods of feeling rough are so frustrating Cheers

User
Posted 16 May 2022 at 23:21

No ideas. Do you do an awful lot of cycling? If so have you got the best saddle for your prostate?

Dave