Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Speaking at last!

User
Posted 17 May 2022 at 17:10

Hi everyone, 

I’ve been reading messages on here for some time now, and finding everyone’s stories and advice very helpful. Thought it was time I made myself known instead of just lurking! 
I was diagnosed with locally advanced prostate cancer last Augusts, was put on prostap almost immediately, and then enzalutamide on top. PSA has dropped from 62 to 0.11 and scheduled to start RT in June,  20 sessions booked. 

Side effects have been manageable so far..the usual, fatigue, hot flushes, worst is loss of libido, but I’m fighting that as much as I can!! 

What I want to ask is if anyone knows when Andrew Gabriel is doing his next “ Surviving Hormone Therapy” talk? I’ve seen it mentioned all over the place, but can’t find any links to recordings of previous ones or information about any upcoming…it sounds really useful. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated ! 

User
Posted 18 May 2022 at 00:01

Hi Andrew, nice to hear from you. 

Here is Andy's profile. If you follow him I think you will get notifications of his posts. So if he announces another talk you will hear about it. You could try sending a private message, but I think you will be declined until you made more public posts.

https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/default.aspx?g=profile&u=37293

Dave

User
Posted 18 May 2022 at 01:15

Hello Andrew, next session is Tue 7 Jun, 2pm

Surviving Hormone Therapy is an open and frank session on the side effects of hormone therapy, what you can do to minimise them, and what you should do to preserve your physical/sexual/mental health, with some humour too. Some of it is also relevant to prostatectomy patients.

If you wish to attend, please email the Cancer Rehab Team at:
cancer.rehabilitation@nhs.net
Note: this event will be remote using Microsoft Teams.

User
Posted 18 May 2022 at 15:34

Thank you both so much for that, it’s made my day! 
So glad that I reached out. 

Andy62 :Very much looking forward to meeting you on 7th June.

Again, many thanks 

Andrew