I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Enzalumatide

User
Posted 03 Jun 2022 at 16:48

Hi, I’ve just started on 160mg enzalumatide, as psa has gone from 150 to 262 in three months. Fortunately the cancer hasn’t spread internally nor increased in pelvic area. I’m reading through the side effects and I’m terrified. The other half has suggested trying it for a couple of months to see how things pan out. I’m diabetic type 2-and have a couple of stents in the old ticker. Been asked to cut back on sugars(cries to self). Anyone offer advice how they have managed this? What side effects they displayed, if any? First visit to oncology was last week, reality sunk in there.
Thanks  

User
Posted 03 Jun 2022 at 20:01

The side effects list all the standard hormone therapy side effects, but you're already on hormone therapy and have probably got all the hormone therapy side effects you're likely to get. The one of these which Enzalutamide does sometimes make worse is fatigue.

Hormone therapy usually pushes up blood sugars, so you'll need to keep a close eye on what effect that has on yours in case the Enzalutamide has any additional impact here. Also keep an eye on blood pressure and cholesterol levels.