Notification

Error

Newly diagnosed high psa

User
Posted 03 Jun 2022 at 17:44

Close relative just diagnosed, is a psa of 411 extremely rare

User
Posted 05 Jun 2022 at 17:00

The psa level is very high but if it's only in nearby areas he could be pushing for Radiotherapy and probably aggressive use of drugs.  Whether it really is only in nearby areas could be questioned but a glass half full doctor could agree to a full course of treatment with a view to targetting a 'cure', which might actually be remission for several years.  It might also depend on how ready he is to take the treatment and what other options he's given.

User
Posted 05 Jun 2022 at 18:00

Hi

I was diagnosed in Dec 2014 with psa of 235. It had spread to hip

I was started on a trial immediately of enzalutamide plus HT. My psa has remained at around .04 since.

I have had no RT or surgery. I kept a strict organic diet, exercised and kept a positive attitude.

I dont know why it has worked with me for so long but it might suggest there may be other ways besides rt or surgery or chemo.

I wish you the best and hope my experience helps in your discussion with your onco.

Paul

User
Posted 05 Jun 2022 at 18:50

Highland Lass can't private message as new to group but thank you for your reassurance.

Can't get my head round it at the moment as such a shock in men who are so fit and healthy 

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 03 Jun 2022 at 19:52

It's not rare (sadly). However, at that level, it is quite likely to be metastatic prostate cancer.

How far through diagnosis is he, and how much of is diagnosis does he know so far?

Did he have any symptoms?

User
Posted 03 Jun 2022 at 21:30

Andy62 thanks.

Only weeing more frequently.

It's in seminal vessels and nearby lymph nodes but everything else is clear. We were horrified when we found out the psa.

He's just started on hormone tablets this week

User
Posted 05 Jun 2022 at 17:00

The psa level is very high but if it's only in nearby areas he could be pushing for Radiotherapy and probably aggressive use of drugs.  Whether it really is only in nearby areas could be questioned but a glass half full doctor could agree to a full course of treatment with a view to targetting a 'cure', which might actually be remission for several years.  It might also depend on how ready he is to take the treatment and what other options he's given.

User
Posted 05 Jun 2022 at 18:00

Hi

I was diagnosed in Dec 2014 with psa of 235. It had spread to hip

I was started on a trial immediately of enzalutamide plus HT. My psa has remained at around .04 since.

I have had no RT or surgery. I kept a strict organic diet, exercised and kept a positive attitude.

I dont know why it has worked with me for so long but it might suggest there may be other ways besides rt or surgery or chemo.

I wish you the best and hope my experience helps in your discussion with your onco.

Paul

User
Posted 05 Jun 2022 at 18:50

Highland Lass can't private message as new to group but thank you for your reassurance.

Can't get my head round it at the moment as such a shock in men who are so fit and healthy