I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Sun bathing

User
Posted 03 Jun 2022 at 21:16

I was diagnosed in Feb 2021 and I am zolodox (every 3 months) and Enzalutamide, plus I had RT last October (6*6 GYE). My PSA and testosterone are undetectable and all  bloods normal apart from low (but not significantly so) red cells and haemoglobin. Main side effect is tiredness. 

Question - I am in Spain end June for a week and 2 weeks from end July - what are peoples' thoughts on sun bathing? 

User
Posted 04 Jun 2022 at 04:01

Personally I find it very boring and of no interest. From a health point of view, almost certainly more harm than good. Merely being in Spain will get your vitmin D sorted.

Having said all that, I'm not going to jump on a moral high horse, I have plenty of vices.

I really would cover up the area where the radiation entered your body, those cells got a lot of damage. So perhaps long shorts rather than Speedos.

Mind you if that really would spoil your holiday then take a chance, perhaps only a short time on day one to see if you are getting sun burnt and then ramp up if all OK. I can't see any point in denying pleasure, none of us have got a massive amount of time left: 20 years for us young ones if responding well 10 or even 5 years for those not so lucky.

Dave

User
Posted 04 Jun 2022 at 07:19
Deliberately damaging your skin by exposure to strong sunlight seems to offer no benefits. I wouldn't do it personally, but it's your body 🙂.

Enjoy your holiday!

Chris

User
Posted 04 Jun 2022 at 08:53

I'm not a sunbathing person, and slap on sun screen whenever I cycle in the sun.

We were told to protect the skin exposed to radiotherapy for a year, even under a T-shirt. This is a band around your body from your navel down to your penis.

User
Posted 04 Jun 2022 at 09:30
We get as much Welsh sun as we can, I guess that's the difference it's on ration in Wales..
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 04 Jun 2022 at 04:01

Personally I find it very boring and of no interest. From a health point of view, almost certainly more harm than good. Merely being in Spain will get your vitmin D sorted.

Having said all that, I'm not going to jump on a moral high horse, I have plenty of vices.

I really would cover up the area where the radiation entered your body, those cells got a lot of damage. So perhaps long shorts rather than Speedos.

Mind you if that really would spoil your holiday then take a chance, perhaps only a short time on day one to see if you are getting sun burnt and then ramp up if all OK. I can't see any point in denying pleasure, none of us have got a massive amount of time left: 20 years for us young ones if responding well 10 or even 5 years for those not so lucky.

Dave

User
Posted 04 Jun 2022 at 07:19
Deliberately damaging your skin by exposure to strong sunlight seems to offer no benefits. I wouldn't do it personally, but it's your body 🙂.

Enjoy your holiday!

Chris

User
Posted 04 Jun 2022 at 08:53

I'm not a sunbathing person, and slap on sun screen whenever I cycle in the sun.

We were told to protect the skin exposed to radiotherapy for a year, even under a T-shirt. This is a band around your body from your navel down to your penis.

User
Posted 04 Jun 2022 at 09:30
We get as much Welsh sun as we can, I guess that's the difference it's on ration in Wales..
User
Posted 04 Jun 2022 at 13:45
Agree with others, only short exposure with appropriate protective lotions/cremes, and coverage to RT subjected areas, so no nudist beaches!
Barry
User
Posted 04 Jun 2022 at 13:51

Best get a telescope then...

Dave