Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Tension rings with vacuum device

User
Posted 07 Jun 2022 at 14:52

Hi

I had non nerve sparing RALP at the beginning of February this year. Recovery had fortunately been good. 8 weeks after surgery I was given the Somatherapy Response II pump. Covid restrictions meant that consultation was with the company rep via telephone. I practiced with the device for 1 month as directed then started to try the rings provided. This has proved difficult, firstly using a supplied sure-fit ring (soft silicon) which resulted in the vacuum seal breaking and me losing what erection I had. Secondly using the sure-ease ring which failed to slip off the tube at all. Not feeling encouraged about that side of the recovery after these experiences. Has anyone any advice/tips/words of encouragement.?Thanks

Edited by member 07 Jun 2022 at 16:11  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 09 Jun 2022 at 01:09

Just to say, you aren't supposed to use the loading cone with the clear silicone rings. Just stretch them across the open end by hand, although I did have visions of pinging a lubed-up ring across the room and leaving a difficult to explain greasy mark high up on the wall...

User
Posted 07 Jun 2022 at 16:30

I've only used the surefit rings, and you sort of push them off the end of the tube before letting out the vacuum. I'm wondering if you maybe aren't using any lubricant on the tube, as they slide on the lubricant easily, and it helps maintain the vacuum.

Must admit, I mostly used it just for penile rehab without the rings. Only tried the rings a few times to see if they worked.

Now that they're doing face-to-face clinics again, you could ask to attend a pump clinic and have it properly demonstrated on you.

User
Posted 07 Jun 2022 at 20:21

DeeGee, there is a bit of a knack to pushing the rings off the tube without breaking the vacuum but certainly as Andy says, lubricating under the ring helps. My Somaerect Response II came with a wide selection of rings (I guess your has as well) and at the moment I'm still at the experimental stage. I've not had any tuition in its use and just relied on the accompanying instruction manual and DVD. The SureEase series (with the four finger holes) is easy to remove (from the penis) but doesn't hold my erection sufficiently. The Select Series I found uncomfortable (felt more like a penile garroting device). They are also very difficult to get on the tube. The SureFit ring (which came as a free sample) seems to tick most of the boxes for me. I find it's easy to get on and off the tube, it's comfortable and seems to hold my erection. This is very much work in progress and I haven't taken it for a test drive yet. It is a bit tricky to grip the tabs when removing it and (as I discovered) it's best to trim some pubic hair in order to avoid uprooting it. I think it's just a case of practising and experimenting to get something that works. Chris 

User
Posted 07 Jun 2022 at 23:20

Deegee. Get a couple of durex pleasure rings , they are not as tight as the rings supplied with the pump. My experience,the durex rings did not keep the erection for as long but the sensitivity was far greater. They will come off the pump onto the penis easier that the supplied rings.

As the previous posts you need lube on the outside of the pump and it just needs a bit of practice to get the ring onto the penis without losing the erection.

Thanks Chris

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 07 Jun 2022 at 16:30

I've only used the surefit rings, and you sort of push them off the end of the tube before letting out the vacuum. I'm wondering if you maybe aren't using any lubricant on the tube, as they slide on the lubricant easily, and it helps maintain the vacuum.

Must admit, I mostly used it just for penile rehab without the rings. Only tried the rings a few times to see if they worked.

Now that they're doing face-to-face clinics again, you could ask to attend a pump clinic and have it properly demonstrated on you.

User
Posted 07 Jun 2022 at 20:21

DeeGee, there is a bit of a knack to pushing the rings off the tube without breaking the vacuum but certainly as Andy says, lubricating under the ring helps. My Somaerect Response II came with a wide selection of rings (I guess your has as well) and at the moment I'm still at the experimental stage. I've not had any tuition in its use and just relied on the accompanying instruction manual and DVD. The SureEase series (with the four finger holes) is easy to remove (from the penis) but doesn't hold my erection sufficiently. The Select Series I found uncomfortable (felt more like a penile garroting device). They are also very difficult to get on the tube. The SureFit ring (which came as a free sample) seems to tick most of the boxes for me. I find it's easy to get on and off the tube, it's comfortable and seems to hold my erection. This is very much work in progress and I haven't taken it for a test drive yet. It is a bit tricky to grip the tabs when removing it and (as I discovered) it's best to trim some pubic hair in order to avoid uprooting it. I think it's just a case of practising and experimenting to get something that works. Chris 

User
Posted 07 Jun 2022 at 21:10

Thanks both for the replies. It's quite a relief just to hear someone else's thoughts. I suspected it was just a case of keep trying but it's such an ungainly process. The Surefit seems the most likely option resembling high street alternatives. The Sure ease was only for practice the rep told me, not for intimacy. Happy to hear more thoughts if people have any.

User
Posted 07 Jun 2022 at 23:20

Deegee. Get a couple of durex pleasure rings , they are not as tight as the rings supplied with the pump. My experience,the durex rings did not keep the erection for as long but the sensitivity was far greater. They will come off the pump onto the penis easier that the supplied rings.

As the previous posts you need lube on the outside of the pump and it just needs a bit of practice to get the ring onto the penis without losing the erection.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 08 Jun 2022 at 17:33

Colwickchris, do you apply the Durex ring directly to the tube without the cone as is recommended with the Sure-Fit ring (as they're similar in style/material)

User
Posted 08 Jun 2022 at 18:07

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Colwickchris, do you apply the Durex ring directly to the tube without the cone as is recommended with the Sure-Fit ring (as they're similar in style/material)

DeeGee , yes, I make sure the black rings are in place first as the end of the tube is quite sharp. I only used the cone once with a "select" tension ring, as I transferred the ring I managed to get a testicle in the ring. The wife had to cut the ring off, it wasn't funny at the time but it is now. My select ring was a white colour and not as flexible as the clear silicone ones.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 09 Jun 2022 at 01:09

Just to say, you aren't supposed to use the loading cone with the clear silicone rings. Just stretch them across the open end by hand, although I did have visions of pinging a lubed-up ring across the room and leaving a difficult to explain greasy mark high up on the wall...

User
Posted 12 Jun 2022 at 14:54

Yes it is important to keep your sense of humour and keep trying ... it can get messy and awkward but then sex tends to be a bit that way anyway.