I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Cheap insurance!

User
Posted 07 Jun 2022 at 15:53

I'm making my first foreign trip in January since being diagnosed with cancer, and I was a little concerned about whether I was going to be hammered for travel insurance as a result of having had two different cancers, even though both are (fingers crossed) sorted. My travel agent suggested I try a company called "All Clear", so I phoned them and was taken through an extremely detailed medical questionnaire on the phone. The end result: £48 for cover for a 4-week trip to Egypt! That seems pretty good to me 😁.

Perhaps of interest to others in a similar situation.

Cheers,

Chris

User
Posted 07 Jun 2022 at 19:35
Certainly worth putting on short list for a quote but much will depend on the individual's age and PCa stage. Fortunately, PCa being slow developing, the risk of needing immediate treatment is pretty low, except in situations where the patient is well advanced. I have always carried my own risk for PCa but have notified insurers of my condition so that in the event of a claim unrelated to PCa they wouldn't try to wriggle out of paying up.

Enjoy your holiday Chris. Egypt is a fascinating place. My wife and I visited all the tourist places a few years ago and I took my first balloon ride among other things (over the valley of the Kings). I hope the trains are better now, they were truly awful and the experience was not helped by a woman falling between the platform and a moving train while we waited for ours.

Don't forget to take plenty of small change in local currency, as this was expected everywhere and I doubt this has changed!

Barry
User
Posted 07 Jun 2022 at 19:54
Bargain! I will make a note ...

Hermit

User
Posted 07 Jun 2022 at 19:58
I've been to Egypt many times, Barry. It's a place I love. I shall certainly enjoy my holiday. It'll be a lovely change from the British winter 😁.

Cheers,

Chris