Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Help and general support

User
Posted 08 Jun 2022 at 03:32

Good morning to you all.

I was formally diagnosed with prostate cancer yesterday.  I am 50 and feel very confused about the treatment options and side effects. 

I a also scared about sexual dysfunction and would appreciate some feedback or thoughts.

Thank you all.

User
Posted 08 Jun 2022 at 07:43
Sorry that you find yourself in this position, Stephen. What is your diagnosis? Do you know the numbers? Gx Tx Nx Mx?

Best thing to do is to download the information sheets about the different forms of treatment from this site. Has any particular treatment been suggested to you?

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 08 Jun 2022 at 07:53

Thanks Chris 

I don't know all the numbers however,  I will find out.

Only treatment option suggested is prostatectomy but I am seeing an oncologist in the next few weeks. 

Thanks for the info - it is just too much to take in at the moment. 

Best wishes 

Stephen 

User
Posted 08 Jun 2022 at 08:31

I have found the prostate cancer UK tool kit really useful.

prostatecanceruk.org/publications

It's free but a donation is welcome

User
Posted 08 Jun 2022 at 18:27

Many thanks 👍.  I have difficult decision to make. I will post further update later and thanks for the signposting it has been really helpful. 

Take care all!

Edited by member 08 Jun 2022 at 18:33  | Reason: Hit post too early.

User
Posted 08 Jun 2022 at 21:19

I was 46 when I had my prostatectomy.  I then had hormone therapy and radiotherapy.  In February 2022, 6 years after this all started, I was discharged from oncology.  I have much to celebrate and pray your treatment will be successful, as mine was.  Don't lose hope

User
Posted 09 Jun 2022 at 06:05

Thank you for sharing this and it has given me hope - thank you.