Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Dizziness of a newbie!

User
Posted 14 Jun 2022 at 19:54

Hi Everyone,

I would greatly appreciate any help here.

Recently diagnosed grade 2, and now into my 2nd Prostap injection.

In addition, i take Amlodipine blood pressure tablets. Ironically, it was the visit to the Drs for blood pressure that found my prostate cancer! I had dizziness, due to work stress. A recomnended MoT showed a raised PSA.... you know the way from here.

However, i'm curious if anyone out there has experienced any dizziness during their course of prostap? 

Granted, we are experiencing a lot of stress at home right now, with many other areas, but its really worrying me that i feel this dizzy!

A recent conversation with a nurse at my local practice resulted in her reading the side effects sheet of Prostap, and saying "it does say dizziness"! But at times, im just goo scared to drive its that bad! Other times its ok!

Is it stress level related or drug related i wonder?

Any similar experiences out there to help this newbie would be greatly appreciated.

User
Posted 15 Jun 2022 at 08:18

It's not a side effect I've even heard of before.

However, it sounds like you had this before even being diagnosed with prostate cancer.

It would be worth recording your blood pressure a few times each day, and whenever you're feeling dizzy. This is useful data to take along to your GP. It's also useful for looking for patterns, e.g. does it correspond with standing up, or digesting a meal, etc.

User
Posted 15 Jun 2022 at 17:38

Thank you Andy.

The Quack virtually said the same, "shoilxnt be any complications between the drugs"

Stepping up the blood pressure pills for  month. 🤞

Thank you