I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Issues! Need a chat I think.

User
Posted 15 Jun 2022 at 17:03

So, to recap: 4 years 3 months since being declared cancer free following 37 sessions of radiotherapy and 3 years of Prostap hormone injections.  Been off Hormone treatment for just shy of 2 years and still getting hot flushes when I wake up but nothing like what they were 3 years ago.

When we all started our treatments, we had no idea how we would have been if we had not had PC, and we had no idea how we would be after treatment (or indeed without treatment).

I had not expected the man boobs to be here still.  I had not expected my immensely supportive wife to no longer be interested in sex. I had not expected my foreskin to become unusably tight. I had not expected a second puberty as I came off the hormone treatment and I had not expected to find myself hoping that somebody, anybody would find me vaguely sexually attractive. And I certainly was not expecting to find men interesting to look at.

I certainly think differently now and look at life differently and find myself needing sex as much now as I did when I was 18.  The stamina however is not the same. 

I think I need somebody to talk things over with me, perhaps to listen or to offer advice or to swop notes and points of view and opinions.  I'm not good on a phone and would easily get tongue tied and embarrassed. 

Any ideas?  Thanks.

User
Posted 15 Jun 2022 at 17:03

So, to recap: 4 years 3 months since being declared cancer free following 37 sessions of radiotherapy and 3 years of Prostap hormone injections.  Been off Hormone treatment for just shy of 2 years and still getting hot flushes when I wake up but nothing like what they were 3 years ago.

When we all started our treatments, we had no idea how we would have been if we had not had PC, and we had no idea how we would be after treatment (or indeed without treatment).

I had not expected the man boobs to be here still.  I had not expected my immensely supportive wife to no longer be interested in sex. I had not expected my foreskin to become unusably tight. I had not expected a second puberty as I came off the hormone treatment and I had not expected to find myself hoping that somebody, anybody would find me vaguely sexually attractive. And I certainly was not expecting to find men interesting to look at.

I certainly think differently now and look at life differently and find myself needing sex as much now as I did when I was 18.  The stamina however is not the same. 

I think I need somebody to talk things over with me, perhaps to listen or to offer advice or to swop notes and points of view and opinions.  I'm not good on a phone and would easily get tongue tied and embarrassed. 

Any ideas?  Thanks.

User
Posted 23 Jun 2022 at 19:57

Hi Mish.

Thanks for your supportive comments and the web link.  A quick glance shows there is plenty to read and research in it.

Many thanks

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 20 Jun 2022 at 11:16

I've sent a PM.

Dave

User
Posted 22 Jun 2022 at 13:27

Hi there

Thanks for being so open about some of the changes in your body, mind and relationships. While I haven't had such extensive treatment as you I have experienced many of the same changes and you are definitely not alone in 
* new and different body
* shifting gender identity and sexuality
* surprising ups and downs in libido
* times of more desire for sex than ability to sustain body's response
* changes continuing to evolve much longer than the often-quoted period of 6 to 24 months for recovery time.

When you mentioned the value of having a chat, I was struck by the overlap between what you want and what happens on the global Recovering Men support group that meets about once a month. We met this morning and I am sorry I only saw your post after the call! There are typically 10-15 men on the calls and there is a remarkable level of openness about our experiences. Topics range from urine control to cock rings, and from emotional relationships to the role of masturbation in our recovery. If you are interested please check out https://www.recoveringman.net/talking-prostate-cancer/

Warm regards

Mish

User
Posted 22 Jun 2022 at 13:50
I identify with all that you have said also. My path may have been different and I’m now incurable , but I really connect with all that you are saying mate. Message me any time ok. What area do you live ? I’m in New Forest Southampton, but I have a friend off this forum who lives in Liverpool. We’ve met up 3 times and are friends for what’s left of our lives.
User
Posted 23 Jun 2022 at 19:57

Hi Mish.

Thanks for your supportive comments and the web link.  A quick glance shows there is plenty to read and research in it.

Many thanks

User
Posted 24 Jun 2022 at 12:27

Dear Jeeper

There is so much to grapple with! It seems many of us need a mixture of personal reflection, reading, and also connecting with others in similar situations. Thank goodness for this forum and also (if it suits you) options like the Recovering Men live conversation group.

Warm regards 

Mish

User
Posted 25 Jun 2022 at 13:59

Sent you a message Mish!