Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Hello and introduction

User
Posted 15 Jun 2022 at 18:20

Hello, 

I am 51 years old and I had went to the GP for some general tests about a month ago

Even though I didn't really have the common symptoms I also asked for a PSA test as I have a sister who had breast cancer at 38 and my mother said there is a possible genetic link.

The result of my PSA were 133 so my doctor referred me and after a second PSA test result was a similar value, I was referred to a Urologist  

In the past few weeks I've had a bone scan and MRI scan and a follow up X-Ray.  I had my first meeting with the Urologist and he has said there doesn't appear to be anything in my bones and my MRI doesn't show and abnormalities. 

I had been referred for a biopsy so still waiting a date for that

In terms of treatment I have been prescribed the Hormone Therapy to reduce my testosterone level. So further possible treatments options are on hold until  results of the biopsy. 

User
Posted 15 Jun 2022 at 19:13

Hi Paul great news that there is nothing in bones and MRI is ok.  I am not far from your age so I know how you feel.  The biopsy isn’t painful, more uncomfortable and of course zero dignity in these things but it is good to get it done.  I hope your biopsy results are also good news. Good luck.