I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Cbd oil any good

User
Posted 17 Jun 2022 at 13:09

Hi,just wandering if anyone has tried cbd oil and how they got on I have read a few  good reviews, I am not sleeping very well and still up 4 times a night, thought it might help me,any thoughts please. 

User
Posted 17 Jun 2022 at 21:28
John has tried it but for a different reason. There is no harm trying, Radar, but make sure you are buying from a reputable UK company
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 17 Jun 2022 at 23:14

What have you already tried for peeing at night (assuming that's what you mean)?

User
Posted 18 Jun 2022 at 13:09

Thanks, I have tried all of them ,I am on betmiga 25mg they don't do much good, been on tamulosin since first diagnosed in 2014,I still get sudden urges,I do pelvic exercises, but I am still up 4 times a night, hard to get back to sleep. 

User
Posted 18 Jun 2022 at 13:39

Radar , have you tried trospium chloride otherwise known as regurin. I take it to reduce bladder spasms, I went from 30-40 spasms a day to less than a handfull and some days none at all.if I forget to take it I soon know.

My wife is an essential oils witch, she says pure lavender oil on a pillow ,or diffused in the room or on the soles of the feet help sleeping. Make sure it it pure oil, cptg , not one of the many mixes. Copaiba oil has similar properties to CBD, without the bits you don't want. 

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 18 Jun 2022 at 16:10
radar

From my own experience since 2004 and before treatment 6 - 10 times getting up for a pee only to find its more urge and irriration than need. Lack of sleep is more of a  nightmare as I'm getting older so had to try something.

In last 2 weeks only got up 2 - 3 times a night, sometimes just once  - never thought it could happen . Changes made:

Not forgetting to take daily 5mg Tadalafil for ED brought a large reduction in loo visits to about 4 times.

Diet: increased protein to recommended 47g spread throughout the day. Salt removed from table.

Ignored drinking x pints of fluid a day just going by the colour of urine as a guide.

That oil could be next step if needed

Ray

User
Posted 18 Jun 2022 at 16:41

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

but I am still up 4 times a night, hard to get back to sleep. 

Try using a urine bottle (Amazon). It's way easier to get back to sleep if you don't get out of bed. I was absolutely shattered as a result of having to pee every 45m, 24h a day, at the peak of my RT radiation-induced bladder irritation. It helped me tremendously. 

Chris

User
Posted 19 Jun 2022 at 13:10

Thanks, I will just keep trying different things, 

User
Posted 21 Jun 2022 at 06:31

Cheshire Chris, did that irritation wear off? I do hope so. My other half has been recommended to have radiotherapy, I daren’t tell him about having to pee every 45 minutes.

Edited by member 21 Jun 2022 at 06:32  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 21 Jun 2022 at 07:10

Cheshire Chris, did that irritation wear off? I do hope so. My other half has been recommended to have radiotherapy, I daren’t tell him about having to pee every 45 minutes.

Oh yes, it was only like that for a few weeks. Side-effects tend to peak about 10-14 days after RT ends, and a month later it was fine again. 

Chris

User
Posted 21 Jun 2022 at 10:36

Thanks Chris. That’s a relief, hope you’re okay in other ways too. This feels like it’s going to be a long and bumpy ride. 

User
Posted 21 Jun 2022 at 15:06

Thanks Chris. That’s a relief, hope you’re okay in other ways too. This feels like it’s going to be a long and bumpy ride. 

Coming up on three and a half years after my RT ended and yes, I'm great, thanks. Life has never been better! One thing about being diagnosed with cancer is that it puts all the stuff you used to get stressed about into perspective, and you realise that it just isn't important 😁. The only permanent side-effect RT has left me with is slightly dodgy bowels , but if I'm going out for the day I take an Imodium tablet and it's fine. Certainly better than having cancer!

Very best wishes for your OH's RT. I'm more than happy to answer any questions about it, but best to start your own discussion thread for that .

All the best,

Chris