I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Psa advice sought

User
Posted 18 Jun 2022 at 09:14

Hi all. Have not posted for a few weeks as needed a bit  of down time after my husband's recent diagnosis of advanced prostate cancer. See  profile. 

Just want to know if Psa level decreasing in line with treatment length of 7 weeks to date  as below. 

My husband had an initial psa of 48.3 on 22nd. FEBRUARY 2022. Commenced Bicalutamide on the 29th. APRIL 2022 and Decapeptyl on the 6th. May 2022.

He had a repeat PSA on 16th. JUNE and result was 10.3.  Bear in mind he had prostate biopsies on the 29th April and I am lead  to believe this can cause a rise in PSA levels. Appreciate any advice and thank you all. 

Regards Ann

User
Posted 18 Jun 2022 at 19:17

There isn’t a right or wrong in your situation, Ann - as long as the PSA has fallen, that’s okay.

The biopsy wouldn’t affect a PSA reading in June. Did he have the 28 day dose of decapeptyl or the 12 week one?

Edited by member 18 Jun 2022 at 19:18  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 18 Jun 2022 at 19:34

Hi LynEyre thanks for reply.  He had the 12 week Decapeptyl. We are probably still a bit  anxious overall but pleased psa going in right direction.

Regards.Ann