I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search



Moving Hospitals {HOW}

Posted 21 Jun 2022 at 15:11

I wonder is there anybody out there who can help me ,

I have been under a wonderful Hospital in Central London for ten years now ,
my cancer is now moving the wrong way if you know what 
I mean , it is now in my spine and rib cage and inner thighs ,
In a short time say 4/6 weeks my next treatment path will be planned 
and I am fed up traveling in and out of london and i would like to 
change to a hospital nearer home like say Broomfield in Chelmsford
or Colchester hospital in Colchester ,
How can this be done ??

Thanking you for any replies
Regards Barry


Posted 21 Jun 2022 at 15:51
Ask your onco whether they would recommend anyone in Essex and then the existing onco can refer you to the new one
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Posted 21 Jun 2022 at 17:48
You really want to be referred to your regional specialist cancer centre rather than the nearest general hospital. That's where the know-how will be about how best to treat you moving forward.

Best wishes,


Forum Jump  
©2024 Prostate Cancer UK