I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Ground flaxseed anyone

User
Posted 25 Jun 2022 at 18:22

Hi,been reading about the health benefits of milled ground flaxseed, has anyone been using ground flaxseed, also been reading some old posts on here with mixed opinions, cheers. 

User
Posted 26 Jun 2022 at 06:40
I use it as a condiment on salads etc
User
Posted 26 Jun 2022 at 14:44

My wife buys ground flax seed, she's into that sort of thing and has a scientific background.  I put it on my muesli in the morning from time to time and find it's most obvious effect if you put too much on is it softens movements a lot.   It's supposed to have a lot of Vitamin B12 and being ground it's released easier.

User
Posted 26 Jun 2022 at 15:26
The mixed views on the forum in the past were because research suggested that flaxseed could make prostate cancer more aggressive. More recent research has concluded that this is not the case. However, if you are still taking lots of medication for different things, ask your local chemist to check that flaxseed isn't going to interact with any of them - for example, if you are taking meds for diabetes, high blood pressure or any kind of coated tablets.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard