I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Prostate Cancer Research: Are Experiences in Childhood Related to Development of Prostate Cancer?

User
Posted 28 Jun 2022 at 16:04

Greetings,

My name is Selbi Rozyyeva.

I am writing to you to let you know about the research study that you have the option to take part in.

Currently, Professor Phil Reed and myself - Selbi R. (Master in Clinical Psychology and Mental Health) are conducting the newest research study about Childhood experiences and prostate cancer. Specifically, we are looking at whether experiencing adversity in any form in the childhood can be related to the development of prostrate cancer and, whether it affects how patients see their cancer.

If we are able to establish a link, then it will become a first step to a big breakthrough in research regarding adverse childhood experiences and cancer. This way, further research will be focused on the ways to eliminate early adversity and thus, preventing cancer from developing in later life.

Would you like to help advancing psychological and medical research?

This study was approved by the Ethics Committee and all answers will be anonymous. The study takes no more than 40 minutes, and participants can always withdraw from the study at any point without giving any explanation.

Who Can Participate?

• Men aged between 30-80 years old

Those who have been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer

• Those able to complete an online survey which will take approximately 30 to 40 minutes.

If you fit these requirements and are interested in helping, please proceed directly for the study by clicking the link below:

https://swanseachhs.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8eSholEHeHqTKom

Please let me know if you have any questions we could answer.

Professor Phil Reed: P.reed@swansea.ac.uk

Selbi R.: 2126453@swansea.ac.uk

Thank you for helping to contribute to Prostate Cancer research.

Best,

Selbi R.

Edited by member 30 Jun 2022 at 18:17  | Reason: Not specified