I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Painful Urination after TRUS biopsy

User
Posted 28 Jun 2022 at 19:50

I had my TRUS Biopsy done 18 days ago, for the first 48 hours after I felt fine, on day 3 started to get a small amount of stinging/burning when going for a pee, I didn't think to much of it considering what I had had done but after a few more days it started to get worse.  I phoned the number on the info the hospital gave me for the clinical assessment  team and was told to phone my GP.  GP asked for urine sample to be sent of and gave me some antibiotics.

Urine sample came back ok but the antibiotics did seem to help.  3 or 4 days after finishing antibiotics the symptoms have come back worse, the symptoms are not to bad first thing in the morning but get worse as day goes on by the afternoon I keep having urgent need to pee every 5 to 10 mins and It is really painful but not doing a lot when I do go feels like my bladder is not emptying fully.  I have phoned my consultants secretary today and explained the situation and she said she would mention it to one of the doctors but still waiting to hear back.  

Anyone else had this problem?

User
Posted 28 Jun 2022 at 20:32
Try drinking cranberry juice. It helps enormously with bladder irritation, which is what this sounds like.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 28 Jun 2022 at 20:33
Sounds like you need another round of antibiotics - these infections can be notoriously hard to diagnose and treat so it may need one of the big hitter antibiotics.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 28 Jun 2022 at 20:32
Try drinking cranberry juice. It helps enormously with bladder irritation, which is what this sounds like.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 28 Jun 2022 at 20:33
Sounds like you need another round of antibiotics - these infections can be notoriously hard to diagnose and treat so it may need one of the big hitter antibiotics.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 29 Jun 2022 at 08:41

I did think that I needed more antibiotics Its just a matter of trying to get the GP to prescribe them.  They have sent of another urine sample off yesterday but I have a feeling that will also come back ok and then they won't prescribe me anything.