I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Day 13 post Robotic RP.

User
Posted 12 Jul 2022 at 19:01

13 days ago I had Robitic RP here in Chattanooga, Tn.  I continue to experience a lot of, sometimes, searing pain in the lower right side of my abdomen....just above the location of my appendix.  I have read that this pain is common from this particular surgery.

Thank you all for helping me deal with this ongoing pain by providing your possible similar experience post Robotic RP.

User
Posted 12 Jul 2022 at 22:40

S, I had excruciating pain at around 2 and 4 days after surgery. That was before I passed my first post op motion and was put down to constipation. Are your bowels back to something like normal.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 12 Jul 2022 at 23:23
Are you doing too much? At this point, you shouldn't be lifting anything heavier than a bag of sugar.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 13 Jul 2022 at 12:22

Hi C,

My bowels are regular since taking Miralax.  I am not taking any pain meds except ibuprofen.  The searing pain is only when I am walking around.  Once I sit or lay down the pain subsides.  My property is located on a steep slope.  Possibly I am stressing my abdomen too much when I walk up the slope.  I am not running a fever or nauseated.  When I am experiencing the pain it intensifies even taking deep breath.  Hoping the pain will soon subside as I move around.

Thank you for your response.

User
Posted 13 Jul 2022 at 12:26

I have been careful to lift nothing heavier than a full gallon of water (8.83 lbs).

My property is located on a steep slope.

Possibly the walikg up the slope has aggravated my abdomen thus causing the searing abdominal pain I am experiencing only when I am walking.

I have no fever nor nausea.

Hoping this pain subsides with taking ibuprofen.

Thanks again.

User
Posted 13 Jul 2022 at 14:58
I think a gallon of water is far too heavy at this stage. If the pain persists, seek advice from your surgeon in case you have burst internal stitches or given yourself a hernia
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 13 Jul 2022 at 15:18

I will be calling my Urologist's office today if the pain persists.  Thank you for your kind posts!  Much appreciated!

User
Posted 13 Jul 2022 at 15:25

I just saw your post while I was writing.  Sounds like a good idea to ring them.

I was going to say:

Is the pain only when you get back after climbing the hill or does it appear when you don't go out.

With such a pain the first thing to do is to get into a position where it stops.   Then only do things that don't start it for a day or two.  Then gradually increase the boundaries and retreat as necessary.   If it doesn't get better after experimenting I'd ring the doctor.

User
Posted 13 Jul 2022 at 16:28

Thank you for the recommendation regarding avoiding activities causing the pain.  I have been using that regimine for the past day or 2.  The pain flares up whenever I walk around the house to visit the bathroom or take my dog outside.  I just called my Urologist's office....and am awaiting their call regarding this ongoing right side abdominal pain. The pain subsides whenever I sit in my recliner.

Thanks again for your helpful advice.

User
Posted 13 Jul 2022 at 21:55

My Urologist prescribed a nerve medication to deal with the aforementioned abdominal pain I am experiencing.  The medical team assessed that the surgical incision/s through the abdominal wall muscles have affected some nerves causing the searing pain.  I am on a 2 week regimine. Hoping this reduces the pain. Thank you again, everyone, for your encouraging posts.