I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Should I to book a holiday?

User
Posted 28 Jul 2022 at 11:46

I've just started a 20 day course of RT and am on 3 monthly HT injections of Prostap from Jan'22-Jan''24.  Considering side effects would I be foolish to book a holiday in the Autumn (Sept- Nov)? I'm coping OK with the HT side effects but Im not so sure about how I'll cope with those of the RT. 

User
Posted 28 Jul 2022 at 13:01
Personally I'd leave it a few months. RT side-effects generally peak about two weeks after treatment ends, so if you're starting RT now you can expect the side-effects to be at their worst in the first half of September.

In my case it took a good six months for my bowels to get back to anywhere near normality. Perhaps leave the holiday til the Spring?

Best wishes for your treatment,

Chris

User
Posted 28 Jul 2022 at 14:22
John had his RT during August / Sep and we went away in the November. If you have a hot place in mind, be aware that you will need to keep your belly / hips out of the sun - t-shirts and factor 50 sun screen or sunblock. We went to Gambia and managed fine
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 28 Jul 2022 at 13:01
Personally I'd leave it a few months. RT side-effects generally peak about two weeks after treatment ends, so if you're starting RT now you can expect the side-effects to be at their worst in the first half of September.

In my case it took a good six months for my bowels to get back to anywhere near normality. Perhaps leave the holiday til the Spring?

Best wishes for your treatment,

Chris

User
Posted 28 Jul 2022 at 14:22
John had his RT during August / Sep and we went away in the November. If you have a hot place in mind, be aware that you will need to keep your belly / hips out of the sun - t-shirts and factor 50 sun screen or sunblock. We went to Gambia and managed fine
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard