Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

New to the forum . Needs advice

User
Posted 01 Aug 2022 at 09:32

Hello all.

This is my first post on here. I am one year on from my diagnosis of prostate caner. I had my operation to remove my prostate. My surgeon was unable to save any nerves.

So far my follow up test have been positive. All good news so far.

I am struggling with the post op effects. This is now proving to be an emotional stress both on me and my wife. 

I am hoping being able to chat on hear and read about other people's experiences may help.

User
Posted 01 Aug 2022 at 10:03
Maybe read my profile if you are struggling with ED and the aftermath. Ulster man is worth a look. He had no nerves spared and had just had an implant. An excellent post is called “ erecting the erection - medication “ by Jonny. Maybe give us more information if you feel able. Most issues can be overcome one way or another 👍
User
Posted 01 Aug 2022 at 10:25

You should ask for an ED clinic appointment, if you haven't already.

If you want to have erections for sex, they should try you on the injections, pellets, or creams.

You should also ask for a pump for penile rehabilitation.

It's also worth asking for a pack of 8 100mg Sildenafil or 20mg Tadalafil. These won't work if you really have no nerves, but some people do find that actually some nerves were spared when they had been told none were, so trying one of these every couple of months would pick up on this case of still having some nerves working, which you could then work on improving. Your GP could prescribe these to try, and possibly Vitaros cream too, but for the injections or pellets, you have to be shown how to use them by the ED clinic before your GP can prescribe them.

User
Posted 01 Aug 2022 at 11:21

B, I supposedly had non nerve sparring surgery. I did get some stirrings in the first few weeks after surgery and was put on daily sildenafil. The tablets didn't give me an erection but they may have had a beneficial effect. I was offered the pump and injections, I got the pump but opted for muse pellets instead of injections. Five years later I opted for the injections which were far more effective and reliable than the muse. 8 years on my flaccid penis is very healthy, I still get that erection sensation but not the erection , I sometimes manage a 70 percent swelling without any chemical or mechanical help.

I do get the odd surprise. I doubt I will ever recover fully but it has been fun finding solutions. We mastered the flaccid insertion technique and the results were out of this world for both of us. Never give up and have fun, try everything on offer.

Thanks Chris 

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 01 Aug 2022 at 10:03
Maybe read my profile if you are struggling with ED and the aftermath. Ulster man is worth a look. He had no nerves spared and had just had an implant. An excellent post is called “ erecting the erection - medication “ by Jonny. Maybe give us more information if you feel able. Most issues can be overcome one way or another 👍
User
Posted 01 Aug 2022 at 10:25

You should ask for an ED clinic appointment, if you haven't already.

If you want to have erections for sex, they should try you on the injections, pellets, or creams.

You should also ask for a pump for penile rehabilitation.

It's also worth asking for a pack of 8 100mg Sildenafil or 20mg Tadalafil. These won't work if you really have no nerves, but some people do find that actually some nerves were spared when they had been told none were, so trying one of these every couple of months would pick up on this case of still having some nerves working, which you could then work on improving. Your GP could prescribe these to try, and possibly Vitaros cream too, but for the injections or pellets, you have to be shown how to use them by the ED clinic before your GP can prescribe them.

User
Posted 01 Aug 2022 at 11:21

B, I supposedly had non nerve sparring surgery. I did get some stirrings in the first few weeks after surgery and was put on daily sildenafil. The tablets didn't give me an erection but they may have had a beneficial effect. I was offered the pump and injections, I got the pump but opted for muse pellets instead of injections. Five years later I opted for the injections which were far more effective and reliable than the muse. 8 years on my flaccid penis is very healthy, I still get that erection sensation but not the erection , I sometimes manage a 70 percent swelling without any chemical or mechanical help.

I do get the odd surprise. I doubt I will ever recover fully but it has been fun finding solutions. We mastered the flaccid insertion technique and the results were out of this world for both of us. Never give up and have fun, try everything on offer.

Thanks Chris