I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Treatment? After NM Bone Scan

User
Posted 02 Aug 2022 at 19:50

Hi, had a biopsy PSA 6.2 , PI-RADS5, followed by NM Bone Scan, IMPRESSIONS : No evidence for active bone metastasis. 
still waiting for consultants to advise treatment and medications in UK. 
Hormone treatment was suggested . 

going forward look forward to some comments and advise 

User
Posted 02 Aug 2022 at 23:26

Treatments offered will depend on your diagnosis, including staging (e.g. TxNxMx scores) and gleason.

It may also depend on your health and age.

It will also depend on what treatments they do - you are unlikely to be offered something they don't do even if it would be suitable, so that case would be up to you to ask for a referral.

User
Posted 02 Aug 2022 at 23:47
Thanks for a quick response. I am in good health and 78. I was asked to return to Uk for bone scan. I am in Calgary till 6 September. Flights were expensive and could contract covid on travel. Bone scan I understand are the same world over. Took one in Calgary. Waiting for my consultant to respond.
User
Posted 03 Aug 2022 at 07:40
We need to know more about your diagnosis. Gleason score? Stage?

Assuming that your cancer is still localised, hormone therapy is just a "holding measure" until something's done to actually get rid of the cancer: surgery or radiation treatment.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 03 Aug 2022 at 14:09

Chris 

thank you. Just had a message from dr surgery that they have not received 15 June 2022 biopsy report yet 

dhir  ; Cheshire 

User
Posted 03 Aug 2022 at 16:15

Chris hi
Gleason score 7 (3+4) from right hand side
Left side benign
MRI staging T3a. N0 M0
PSA. 6.2
Performance status 0

I am in Canada till 5 September. Can this wait for my radiotherapy with new adjuvernt hormone treatment?
Or I must get back to UK

User
Posted 03 Aug 2022 at 21:50
It’s normal to be on HT for three to six months before you start RT, so if you’ve started the HT there’s no hurry.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 03 Aug 2022 at 22:39
Have not started on any treatment, nothing prescribed yet. I have to wait till I get back in September

Thanks

User
Posted 03 Aug 2022 at 23:09

You could ask your oncologist if you should start on bicalutamide tablets. If so, you can almost certainly get that in Canada, although you'll need a prescription. It's a mild hormone therapy drug. You have to take it for at least 2 weeks before starting hormone therapy injections and for a further 10-14 days after the first injection.

Only reason I could think not to start on it would be if they want to do a PET scan first.

User
Posted 04 Aug 2022 at 00:35
All this has been very useful. I have made a note of your suggestion. Thank you