I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Dry orgasm with Radiotherapy/ hormone treatment

User
Posted 13 Aug 2022 at 21:52

I am getting close to the end of 6 months Zoladex treatment and about 7 weeks post radiotherapy (5 doses under the "momentum" trial) I can get erections, usually with the help of  Tadalafil, but I only have dry orgasms, which are better than none, but not great. Has anyone had similar experiences, and is there much evidence that I might return to "normal" over time? 

User
Posted 14 Aug 2022 at 00:24

Zoladex will give you dry orgasms (and for many men, no orgasms at all), so you can't tell the effect of the radiotherapy until you've come off hormone therapy and your testosterone has returned for some time (probably returned for at least a year).

Typically, radiotherapy will reduce your semen by something between half gone and completely gone. Also, if you have any, it may not look the same, because it's made from several parts mixed together as you ejaculate, and it is likely some parts may be missing more than others. You won't return to normal.

User
Posted 14 Aug 2022 at 12:03

Yes, I experience exactly that:  great orgasms but no semen, this after 2 years from finishing hormone treatment.  Look at it as a bonus, you can have all the fun that you want with none of the tidying up after!

User
Posted 14 Aug 2022 at 00:20

Well I had two years of zoladex. I could get erections and dry orgasms, but had such low libido wasn't really interested in them.

It took about 9 months for testosterone to recover after the last zoladex. Erections aren't good, but I'm experimenting with pde5 inhibitors and things are getting better orgasms are nearly dry, I get an occasional dribble at the end. I'd say the quality of the orgasm is pretty damn good. So I think when your testosterone recovers you will start to feel better.

Dave

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 14 Aug 2022 at 00:20

Well I had two years of zoladex. I could get erections and dry orgasms, but had such low libido wasn't really interested in them.

It took about 9 months for testosterone to recover after the last zoladex. Erections aren't good, but I'm experimenting with pde5 inhibitors and things are getting better orgasms are nearly dry, I get an occasional dribble at the end. I'd say the quality of the orgasm is pretty damn good. So I think when your testosterone recovers you will start to feel better.

Dave

User
Posted 14 Aug 2022 at 00:24

Zoladex will give you dry orgasms (and for many men, no orgasms at all), so you can't tell the effect of the radiotherapy until you've come off hormone therapy and your testosterone has returned for some time (probably returned for at least a year).

Typically, radiotherapy will reduce your semen by something between half gone and completely gone. Also, if you have any, it may not look the same, because it's made from several parts mixed together as you ejaculate, and it is likely some parts may be missing more than others. You won't return to normal.

User
Posted 14 Aug 2022 at 12:03

Yes, I experience exactly that:  great orgasms but no semen, this after 2 years from finishing hormone treatment.  Look at it as a bonus, you can have all the fun that you want with none of the tidying up after!

User
Posted 14 Aug 2022 at 12:34

Kleenex company be like😢☹️

Dave