Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Tendon pain on HT

User
Posted 20 Aug 2022 at 12:44

Hi all, newbie here, first post

Bit of background, diagnosed last year with a PSA of 67, went straight on to zoladex implants, had 6 rounds of chemo and 37 rounds of radiotherapy. PSA is now at a fantastic 0.04, I'm 54 years old.

I had all the usual side affects from chemo and rt, up all hrs peeing, fatigue, weight gain, lack of labido etc. Most of which I still have to some degree.

I finished rt in June and have now just developed a new symptom, tendon pain in my hands, mainly thumbs and middle fingers, to the point where now I struggle to make a fist.

I also have had bursis in both elbows which has eased and now a new one in my right knee.

I have a manual job which includes climbing ladders etc and this is really begining to affect me daily.

The oncologist and GP are saying it is not related to the chemo or rt but after a bit of googling I see some Americans have had similar issues and are putting it down to the hormone treatment.

Has anyone had similar and if so did you get it resolved. 

Many thanks

User
Posted 20 Aug 2022 at 13:44

It's always hard to be sure what is causing what symptom, and is possible this is in no way related to cancer or the treatment. 

I had some minor tendon problems during treatment, and I have never had tendon problems before. You may have been given the antibiotic ciprofloxacin when you had a biopsy. It is associated with tendon problems. Anyway what ever caused my problems it wasn't too bad and it cleared up after a year.

Dave

User
Posted 20 Aug 2022 at 17:11

Thanks Dave

I wasn't given any antibiotic for the biopsy.

I've never had anything like this before either joint or tendon problems. I'm hoping it will pass like a lot of the other side effects but at the moment it seems to be getting worse. Can't afford anymore time away from work so fingers crossed.

User
Posted 20 Aug 2022 at 21:01
I had a bit of osteoarthritis in both knees prior to starting HT 20 months ago. I have to say it has got worse and aches and pains in general. Nothing awful though. However my right knee has a full bursitis lump on it which is very annoying and sore to kneel on. But they say it’s just age …… but it’s well noted HT can cause joint issues