Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Very fatigued

User
Posted 22 Aug 2022 at 09:17

Morning All,

I had a successful prostate removal by Robot and the genius operating it in 2017 

and 51/2 years later still here and still undetectable and consider myself very fortunate and still tell guys of my age to get themselves checked , not an easy task .

However I’m asking about advice on testosterone levels because I’m constantly fatigued and I had an independent test and it was low .

my great consultant suggested I go to my GP and I’ve finally got an appointment!!

im wondering if any other guys are feeling the same and any advice would be appreciated because I’ve been told that Testosterone boosters can bring prostate back . 

User
Posted 22 Aug 2022 at 10:54

Tony, at 62 pre surgery in 2014, I could get up at 4 am drive for five hours,have a site meeting and drive five hours back home. Post surgery I would have to stop and have a nap on the way back and sometimes on the way there.

I don't think mine was fatigue.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 22 Aug 2022 at 13:10

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
im wondering if any other guys are feeling the same and any advice would be appreciated because I’ve been told that Testosterone boosters can bring prostate back

There have been research papers claiming that providing Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) when needed due to low Testosterone after successful prostate cancer treatment with no evidence of disease doesn't increase the chance of recurrence.

Low Testosterone increases the risk of metabolic disease, cadio issues, diabetes, etc. There is one prostate researcher who thinks low (but above zero) levels of Testosterone may even increase the risk of prostate cancer above that of men with normal Testosterone levels.

Edited by member 22 Aug 2022 at 13:11  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 22 Aug 2022 at 20:11
Ask your GP to refer you to an endocrinologist to see why your testosterone is low first, and then to discuss testosterone replacement. Having your prostate removed does not cause low testosterone
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 22 Aug 2022 at 10:54

Tony, at 62 pre surgery in 2014, I could get up at 4 am drive for five hours,have a site meeting and drive five hours back home. Post surgery I would have to stop and have a nap on the way back and sometimes on the way there.

I don't think mine was fatigue.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 22 Aug 2022 at 13:10

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
im wondering if any other guys are feeling the same and any advice would be appreciated because I’ve been told that Testosterone boosters can bring prostate back

There have been research papers claiming that providing Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) when needed due to low Testosterone after successful prostate cancer treatment with no evidence of disease doesn't increase the chance of recurrence.

Low Testosterone increases the risk of metabolic disease, cadio issues, diabetes, etc. There is one prostate researcher who thinks low (but above zero) levels of Testosterone may even increase the risk of prostate cancer above that of men with normal Testosterone levels.

Edited by member 22 Aug 2022 at 13:11  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 22 Aug 2022 at 20:11
Ask your GP to refer you to an endocrinologist to see why your testosterone is low first, and then to discuss testosterone replacement. Having your prostate removed does not cause low testosterone
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard