I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Likert 3 to Likert 4 after biopsy

User
Posted 23 Aug 2022 at 14:22

Good Afternoon!  I had a TP ultrasound biopsy on August 11th with 26 core samples taken.  This followed an MRI scan on July 1st which showed Likert 3 T2a N0 M0 and a lesion of 1.4cm.

Last night, for my sins, I saw on Patient Access (yes, I know, too much information!) the hospital discharge summary created on the same day and sent to my GP which showed Likert 3 had been increased to Likert 4 which is concerning.

It also said "patient to be added to the MDT list" and "review in OPC after MDT. (Histology in MDT)".  I'm wondering if the urologist who carried out the biopsy concluded visually that the ultrasound scan and/or samples were highly suspicious and immediately moved it to MDT, or perhaps this is generally done anyway with Likert 4?

The diagnosis is PSA 8.89, PV94cc and PSAD 0.101 MRI: (Likert 4) lesion Rt. TZ.

I haven't received a hospital appointment yet and I'm now in a horrible hiatus - brought on myself by checking Patient Access!

Any information or advice from members of this excellent forum will be gratefully received.  Many thanks, Julian

User
Posted 23 Aug 2022 at 15:18
Likert assessments are subjective - one radiographer thought it was a 3 and the next one thought it was a 4. Whether it was a 3 or a 4 is now irrelevant as you have had a biopsy - it is the combination of your PSA, MRI and biopsy (which was presumably positive for cancer) that has resulted in a referral to the MDT.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 23 Aug 2022 at 15:43
Thanks Lyn - much appreciated. Cheers, Julian