I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Hi new member to the club

User
Posted 26 Aug 2022 at 20:51

Well didn't expect to find myself here. Just been diagnosed.

I'm 52 years old married with a 12 year old son. No family history of prostate cancer.

Went to my GP with urinary problems difficult starting urination and post dribble. PSA 2.7 but the rectal exam he wasn't happy with so referred me to urology.

MRI T2cN0M0

Biopsy 9 of 11 cores showed acinar adenocarcinoma 

Gleason score 7 (4 + 3)

So hopefully confined to prostate just waiting for CT and bone scan

Will more than likely go for the Robotic Assisted Radical Prostatectomy.

So that's me and why I am here. Will be reading the various conversations and getting to grips with this curve ball.

Jason

User
Posted 27 Aug 2022 at 00:30

Sorry you have joined 'The Club'. Check my profile I am the same age as you. T2a N0 Mx Gleason 7 (3+4). Currently waiting for a RARP. Treated as a day patient. Hope you get your op soon. Most younger, cough, guys seem to go down the surgery route.

Everyone on here is really helpful although of course not clinicians. 

Edited by member 27 Aug 2022 at 00:33  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 27 Aug 2022 at 13:23

Hope everything goes well. I'm 2 1/2 years post op. Feel free to ask any questions

User
Posted 28 Aug 2022 at 22:09

Hi, I am also similar age 51 and diagnosis T2c Gleason 3+4, having RARP in 3 weeks time, lots of good advice and support on here, just feel free to ask anything.

User
Posted 29 Aug 2022 at 01:49

Sorry you’re here Jason, but hopefully things will be just fine for you. My husband had RARP Dec 21 he is much older than you. He’s done great and recovered really well. Continence is near perfect accept when drinking too much. ED is still an issue but he’s not had any medication for it, think he may start on injections soon though. Life is good for us and we would of course wish you the same (but even better) outcome.

Good luck 

User
Posted 29 Aug 2022 at 08:05
Hi Jason, OH had RARP 19th May,fully recovered. Wish you all the best
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 27 Aug 2022 at 00:30

Sorry you have joined 'The Club'. Check my profile I am the same age as you. T2a N0 Mx Gleason 7 (3+4). Currently waiting for a RARP. Treated as a day patient. Hope you get your op soon. Most younger, cough, guys seem to go down the surgery route.

Everyone on here is really helpful although of course not clinicians. 

Edited by member 27 Aug 2022 at 00:33  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 27 Aug 2022 at 13:23

Hope everything goes well. I'm 2 1/2 years post op. Feel free to ask any questions

User
Posted 28 Aug 2022 at 22:09

Hi, I am also similar age 51 and diagnosis T2c Gleason 3+4, having RARP in 3 weeks time, lots of good advice and support on here, just feel free to ask anything.

User
Posted 29 Aug 2022 at 01:49

Sorry you’re here Jason, but hopefully things will be just fine for you. My husband had RARP Dec 21 he is much older than you. He’s done great and recovered really well. Continence is near perfect accept when drinking too much. ED is still an issue but he’s not had any medication for it, think he may start on injections soon though. Life is good for us and we would of course wish you the same (but even better) outcome.

Good luck 

User
Posted 29 Aug 2022 at 08:05
Hi Jason, OH had RARP 19th May,fully recovered. Wish you all the best