I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bill Turnbull RIP

User
Posted 01 Sep 2022 at 10:43

Today we heard the sad news that Bill passed away after a 5 year battle with APC.

As well as being a lovely human being Bill was a leading advocate of APC awareness.Indeed the massive publicity generated by his passing has probably saved many more lives by encouraging men to get themselves checked out.So his untimely death is helping untold numbers of others.Thanks Bill. It's a lovely memorial to a life well lived.

He made a documentary about his APC journey for Channel 4 a couple of years ago called Bill Turnbull staying alive .It is still on the  Channel 4 I player All 4 and worth seeing if you missed it.

Stay strong 

Norm

Edited by member 02 Sep 2022 at 15:21  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 01 Sep 2022 at 20:13

Bills initial psa was 547 he was a real star that has raised awareness and saved thousands of lives  may he rest in peace 

User
Posted 02 Sep 2022 at 08:25

I was diagnosed with APC around the same time. It really rams it home when you hear news like this. Bill and Doddie Weir were the two I looked to for inspiration.

User
Posted 02 Sep 2022 at 08:52

RIP Bill.  So sorry to hear of Bill's passing. He did so much to encourage men to get tested. I'm watching the tributes to him on Breakfast TV this morning. A life well lived and such a wonderful human being. 😥😢

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 01 Sep 2022 at 10:49

That’s a choker; I have full body PETscan this afternoon and that’s the last thing g I needed to hear.

User
Posted 01 Sep 2022 at 11:36
Does any one know his initial diagnosis?
User
Posted 01 Sep 2022 at 11:51

It is worth watching the documentary as it goes through his diagnosis, stats and subsequent rises.   RIP Bill.

User
Posted 01 Sep 2022 at 13:37

Yes, I have only just heard about Bill Turnbull. As my husband has advanced prostate cancer I wll try not to let him know this. He was recently diagnosed in May this year.  

User
Posted 01 Sep 2022 at 15:55

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis Maud. Your post chimed with me as i am also wondering how not to let my husband (also advanced PC, diagnosed same time as Bill) know! What a lovely chap and wonderful advocate he was for so many good causes.

User
Posted 01 Sep 2022 at 19:38
Yes RIP bill , bill and Stephen fry brought a lot of awareness to PC .
User
Posted 01 Sep 2022 at 20:13

Bills initial psa was 547 he was a real star that has raised awareness and saved thousands of lives  may he rest in peace 

User
Posted 01 Sep 2022 at 22:35

RIP Bill Turnbull 

User
Posted 02 Sep 2022 at 08:25

I was diagnosed with APC around the same time. It really rams it home when you hear news like this. Bill and Doddie Weir were the two I looked to for inspiration.

User
Posted 02 Sep 2022 at 08:52

RIP Bill.  So sorry to hear of Bill's passing. He did so much to encourage men to get tested. I'm watching the tributes to him on Breakfast TV this morning. A life well lived and such a wonderful human being. 😥😢

User
Posted 02 Sep 2022 at 08:57

Sad to hear of Bill's passing, he has probably saved many lives already and his passing will probably save even more. RIP.

Thanks Chris