Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Enzalutamide v Abiraterone

User
Posted 01 Sep 2022 at 11:46

Hi

I've had 'nearly three good years' (to quote my oncologist), on Zoladex, more or less symptom-free, and in that time had early CT, then RT to the prostate to try to slow things up. PSA has now gone to 1.4 (though it was never above 30 even pre-treatment). Recent MRI shows some new hot spots in bone. 

I'm meeting a consultant next week who will put me on Enza or Abi. Any thoughts about if there is an effective difference between these? I have bone mets and tumour invasion of bladder. Liver mets were effectively zapped early on by the CT (Docetaxol), fingers crossed. No lymph node involvement, so far.

Any pointers or suggestions gratefully received.

thanks

GS

User
Posted 01 Sep 2022 at 22:48
Very little to choose between enza and abi - but ask about the newest drug, apalutimide, which seems to have the edge over the other two. Its NICE approval was speeded up due to Covid and you may meet the criteria.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 01 Sep 2022 at 16:57

Just bumping the post.

Dave

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 01 Sep 2022 at 16:57

Just bumping the post.

Dave

User
Posted 01 Sep 2022 at 22:48
Very little to choose between enza and abi - but ask about the newest drug, apalutimide, which seems to have the edge over the other two. Its NICE approval was speeded up due to Covid and you may meet the criteria.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 01 Sep 2022 at 23:04
Thanks Lyn.
A quick look at the PC UK website suggests it might not be for me because i have metastatic APC. But i will definitely ask!
Many thanks
GS