Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

My wife, my son now me

User
Posted 04 Sep 2022 at 00:49

I’m 50 years old.

Diagnosed July 2022, no symptoms  - having radical prostatectomy October 12 2022. Gleason 7.

Wife 5 years out of breast cancer 

13 year old son diagnosed when he was eight with actuate leukemia, two stem cell transplants later, it’s now my turn.

Let’s be strong and humble together.

User
Posted 04 Sep 2022 at 12:20

Hi Jay, these cancers are a bit of a nuisance. We'd all prefer to live life and not encounter it. It must be very annoying having cancer come and slap you in the face three times in a row. As you are now well aware there are plenty of treatments and cancer is now usually a severe inconvenience not a death sentence. Hope all goes well, keep posting with experiences and questions.

Dave

User
Posted 04 Sep 2022 at 12:26

Hi Jay, sorry you are here and joining the club that no one wants to be a member of. I’m also a BC survivor (13 years) so when my OH was dx in late January we felt really hard done to, and you have a son too that has been through the mill. Life can just be so unfair. My OH who is older than you had his prostatectomy in late March and so far so good recovery wise. In fact better than we imagined. I’d you’re not already doing your pelvic floor exercises, start now, the squeezy app is a good reminder and he religiously does his 3 times a day 👍. Definitely helps with the continence. This site is wonderful and there are so many people who can offer advice and support. Keep posting and happy to answer any questions. Best wishes xx

User
Posted 04 Sep 2022 at 17:01

Hi Jay, sorry to read about you, your wife and son. Hoping all goes well for you in October.

Ido4

User
Posted 04 Sep 2022 at 20:38

Thank you!