I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

25 year old experiencing symptoms

User
Posted 16 Sep 2022 at 12:18

I'm a 25 year old, not over weight and relatively active. For the last 3 years I've been experience the following symptoms on and off. 

The urge to urinate often (can hold it in and its not excruciating, it doesn't bother me while sleeping. I'd describe it as a sensation in my penis that makes me feel like I need to urinate)

Lower back, Thigh and Buttock pain

Painful ejaculation (sometimes) 

I've provided a urine sample to my GP which came back clear, I've had no further contact with my GP regarding this. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms or have any idea  what may be causing them?

User
Posted 16 Sep 2022 at 13:34
Hi Gary,

You join us here on a Prostate Support forum, so it seems you are concerned that you might have Prostate Cancer. Although this is not impossible, it would be very rare in somebody of your age. Furthermore, you say you have been experiencing these problems on and off for three years. If you had Prostate Cancer (PCa), I would have thought it more likely that your situation would slowly get worse. It suggests to me that it more likely a bladder problem, maybe a deep seated UTI which would not necessarily show up in a dip test. I suggest you ask for a culture test if this has not yet been done.

Years before I was diagnosed with PCa, although much older than you, I experienced urgency and frequency. I had a camera put through my penis and it was found that I had a narrowed sphincter for which I was prescribed Tamsulosin and this helped - been having it ever since. I also have part of the bladder that doesn't drain well so I get the feeling that I need to pee again soon thereafter. So I pause for awhile and and then pass more urine, this is called double voiding.

In your situation I would ask for a culture urine test and if this is negative ask to be referred to Urology for further tests.

Barry