Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Catheter question 3 days post op

User
Posted 17 Sep 2022 at 11:00

Hi all

I had RALP on Wednesday and wondered if it’s ok for the catheter tube to slip in and out a bit from the tip of my penis. Not much, only about 5mm, and the pipe work is securely attached to my leg so it shouldn’t fall out. Draining ok, no discolouration of urine, although a little more discharge around the tip of the penis than the last few days.

Any advice or experience welcome, as always.

thanks

Nick

User
Posted 17 Sep 2022 at 13:09

Nick , I have had a urethral catheter on around 12 separate occasions and had a similar experience. If it were to come out make sure it is a urologist who puts in back in. If you haven't already been told a catheter gel called instilagel is great if the eye of the penis gets sore. Hope your recovery goes well.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 17 Sep 2022 at 13:46

Thanks very much Chris, you’re the man to know. I’ll keep an eye on it; the hospital were very clear about not letting anyone in the community have a go at putting it back in!

Thanks again,

Nick

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 17 Sep 2022 at 13:09

Nick , I have had a urethral catheter on around 12 separate occasions and had a similar experience. If it were to come out make sure it is a urologist who puts in back in. If you haven't already been told a catheter gel called instilagel is great if the eye of the penis gets sore. Hope your recovery goes well.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 17 Sep 2022 at 13:46

Thanks very much Chris, you’re the man to know. I’ll keep an eye on it; the hospital were very clear about not letting anyone in the community have a go at putting it back in!

Thanks again,

Nick