Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

How to inject Clexane

User
Posted 17 Sep 2022 at 17:07

Hi all,

I am 3 days post RALP. During my stay in hospital, one nurse said I should inject Clexane into my leg and another said it should go in the stomach.

Which is correct?

Cheers

Nick

User
Posted 18 Sep 2022 at 11:12

RALP + 2. Was told stomach. Too much of a wimp to do these myself. Wife doing them for me. Think she enjoys stabbing me ; ).

Glad the recovery seems to be going well.

User
Posted 18 Sep 2022 at 21:05
It's when she stabs you but forgets to get the clexane first ... that's when you need to worry
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 17 Sep 2022 at 17:07

Hi all,

I am 3 days post RALP. During my stay in hospital, one nurse said I should inject Clexane into my leg and another said it should go in the stomach.

Which is correct?

Cheers

Nick

User
Posted 17 Sep 2022 at 20:07
Just jabbed it straight into stomach and pop ! Different place roughly left and right for 28 days. Very easy
User
Posted 17 Sep 2022 at 20:50

That’s pretty much what I’m doing so will continue jabbing away. Thanks Chris 👍

User
Posted 18 Sep 2022 at 12:29

My wife and I are both wimps but I seem to have drawn the short straw on this one!

Hope your recovery is ok too

Cheers

Nick

User
Posted 18 Sep 2022 at 13:05
Just pinch a fold of flesh in any fatty tissue and stick it in. By the time I'd finished my course of injection my stomach was a lovely patchwork of black, purple and yellow bruises!

Chris

User
Posted 21 Sep 2022 at 10:00

Both top of the thigh and stomach. I did most of mine in the thigh as I was a bit tender round my waist.

User
Posted 21 Sep 2022 at 11:33

I sat myself down and pinched as much "love handle" as I could, alternating sides each day. I was such a wuss at it though and made like a sewing machine until I had the courage to jab. Most of them were pretty much painless apart from a mild sting but even though I knew it was OK I still struggled the whole 28 days. Was glad when it was over but was worth it to avoid a post-op clot. Couple of bruises but not too bad.

Upkeep

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 17 Sep 2022 at 18:19

Nick, they may both be right. My experience, my wife did all mine into the stomach area, she grabbed a roll of fat and injected that.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 17 Sep 2022 at 19:52

Thanks again Chris. I think I will do as you suggest. Being fairly skinny doesn’t make it easy to find the flab, I just need to eat more cake! 
cheers

N

User
Posted 17 Sep 2022 at 20:07
Just jabbed it straight into stomach and pop ! Different place roughly left and right for 28 days. Very easy
User
Posted 17 Sep 2022 at 20:50

That’s pretty much what I’m doing so will continue jabbing away. Thanks Chris 👍

User
Posted 18 Sep 2022 at 11:12

RALP + 2. Was told stomach. Too much of a wimp to do these myself. Wife doing them for me. Think she enjoys stabbing me ; ).

Glad the recovery seems to be going well.

User
Posted 18 Sep 2022 at 12:29

My wife and I are both wimps but I seem to have drawn the short straw on this one!

Hope your recovery is ok too

Cheers

Nick

User
Posted 18 Sep 2022 at 13:05
Just pinch a fold of flesh in any fatty tissue and stick it in. By the time I'd finished my course of injection my stomach was a lovely patchwork of black, purple and yellow bruises!

Chris

User
Posted 18 Sep 2022 at 14:04

Yes getting there already, my wife managed to stab me twice last night. First time she forgot to push the plunger!

User
Posted 18 Sep 2022 at 21:05
It's when she stabs you but forgets to get the clexane first ... that's when you need to worry
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 21 Sep 2022 at 10:00

Both top of the thigh and stomach. I did most of mine in the thigh as I was a bit tender round my waist.

User
Posted 21 Sep 2022 at 11:33

I sat myself down and pinched as much "love handle" as I could, alternating sides each day. I was such a wuss at it though and made like a sewing machine until I had the courage to jab. Most of them were pretty much painless apart from a mild sting but even though I knew it was OK I still struggled the whole 28 days. Was glad when it was over but was worth it to avoid a post-op clot. Couple of bruises but not too bad.

Upkeep

User
Posted 21 Sep 2022 at 14:35

I’ve found that if you pinch the skin hard enough it hurts more than the needle. Job done!