I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Biopsy results not back after 3 weeks

User
Posted 17 Sep 2022 at 23:06

Hi, I'm awaiting my prostate biopsy results that were done just over 3 weeks ago. MRI assessment PI-Rad 4 and had a previous negative biopsy 5 years ago. I'm still bleeding and had to go into hospital overnight and now have an infection. On antibiotics for 7 days and suffering from right side belly pain, itching skin and my eyes are slightly yellow. Lost my father to prostate cancer at 54 and I'm now 63. I've kept positive up to this point but worrying about how ill I actually feel. Some advice would very much be appreciated please. Many thank. 

User
Posted 18 Sep 2022 at 01:20

Sorry to hear about the infection. A major advantage of perineal biopsy as opposed to TRUS is that the chance of infection is much lower. Losing your dad at 54 wasn't good, but I assume that was about thirty or forty years ago, diagnosis and treatments are much better now.

Three weeks is getting a bit too long to be waiting for results. I think you should be emailing or calling the consultants secretary and chasing up the results. They may have the results sitting in a pile on the desk, or it may prompt them to write to the pathology lab to chase up what is happening.

Dave

User
Posted 19 Sep 2022 at 05:04

Many thanks Dave. I'll give them a call on Tuesday. Take care Colin 👍