I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Everything crossed

User
Posted 03 Oct 2022 at 14:58

My SN just rung me with the results from the MDT meeting. All my scans are clear and the cancer remains within the prostate (4+5) G9. No Mets on bones or nodes spread or other areas showing cancer spread from the bone and CT scans. Because of my BMI and DVT history they cannot offer me surgery because of the risk but are to do HT for 3 months then 20 sessions of RT with a curative intent of killing the cancer then HT for a further 2 years. I am so relieved but still scared at the same time. Meeting the onco next week for further discussion. Again a silly question is this positive?

User
Posted 03 Oct 2022 at 17:38

Of course good is a relative term, some people would say having prostate cancer is never good news, but if you have it, finding out it has not spread and that you are considered curable is I would say good news.

Dave

User
Posted 03 Oct 2022 at 18:29

No you weren't disrespectful at all, in fact I'm usually a lot more disrespectful, to our fellow community members but they haven't drummed me out yet. You get pretty thick skinned when you have a life threatening disease.

I was G9:  HDR brachy, 15 doses of RT, 2 years HT. Currently no signs of cancer so I'm very happy.

Dave

User
Posted 03 Oct 2022 at 21:00
Similar to what I had. In my case it was six months HT, 32 sessions of RT, then another 18 months of HT. I found it all pretty tolerable and here I am three and a half years after RT and everything’s fine. It’s a treatment with an excellent success rate.

Cheers,

Chris

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 03 Oct 2022 at 17:38

Of course good is a relative term, some people would say having prostate cancer is never good news, but if you have it, finding out it has not spread and that you are considered curable is I would say good news.

Dave

User
Posted 03 Oct 2022 at 18:20

Sorry Dave. It come out wrong and I think I was unintentionally a bit disrespectful to other Warriors who have PCa. I suppose I was looking for positive feedback about those who had HT/RT with good outcomes. Thank you.

Andy

User
Posted 03 Oct 2022 at 18:29

No you weren't disrespectful at all, in fact I'm usually a lot more disrespectful, to our fellow community members but they haven't drummed me out yet. You get pretty thick skinned when you have a life threatening disease.

I was G9:  HDR brachy, 15 doses of RT, 2 years HT. Currently no signs of cancer so I'm very happy.

Dave

User
Posted 03 Oct 2022 at 21:00
Similar to what I had. In my case it was six months HT, 32 sessions of RT, then another 18 months of HT. I found it all pretty tolerable and here I am three and a half years after RT and everything’s fine. It’s a treatment with an excellent success rate.

Cheers,

Chris

User
Posted 03 Oct 2022 at 22:26

Me too Gleason 9 psa 24.9   37 lots of radiotherapy and 2 years off h/t  psa 0.01 and back to normal 👍