I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Prostatitis link risk to Prostate Cancer

User
Posted 05 Oct 2022 at 14:08

Recently diagnosed with Prostatitis and CPPS.  I'm still being managed through flare ups on Prostatitis with good days and bad days (bad days - fatigue, achy legs and achy testies). 

I have another consultant appointment next week with a number of questions.  One of which is something I read on prostate cancer website that there is a suggested risk but limited research that prostatitis can lead to cancer.

Has anybody else spoken to their consultant about this and got an insight of what you should be monitoring going forward?

Thanks 

User
Posted 05 Oct 2022 at 15:41
If you look hard enough, you will find reports linking various cancers with all sorts of things - there is research that suggests that men who regularly get prostatitis are less likely to get prostate cancer. The fact is, your greatest risk is being a man - if you live long enough, you are likely to get prostate cancer eventually

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 05 Oct 2022 at 16:18

Yes I understand, I was referring to the specific research that has been done and published already by prostate cancer UK though.