I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Multi disciplinary meeting on biopsy

User
Posted 05 Oct 2022 at 21:16

Hi, I've been waiting for five and half weeks for my prostate biopsy results. Found out today that my urologist had them back on Monday and a multi discipline meeting is scheduled for next Monday. If it was negative would he have told me on the telephone and does every biopsy go through this team. 

My MRI PI-Rad score was 4 with 1.5 cm lesion. 

I was told biopsy results would be 2-3 weeks but accept that work load may have delayed mine. 

Any advice welcome please. Many thanks. 

User
Posted 05 Oct 2022 at 21:47
If it had been a clear negative, it would not be discussed at MDT so most likely they have found some cancer in your prostate. The MDT looks at all the results and discusses treatment options before the urologist tells you what possible paths you can choose from. There is an outside chance that the MDT is to discuss whether your samples are cancer or not cancer - sometimes, small changes are hard to define.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 07 Oct 2022 at 22:51

You have a large prostate and a lowish psa which are goodish signs.  The pirads 4 and dre aren't good although the biopsy will give a stronger sign.  It might be benign but if it's low risk, say Gleason 3+3 they may. suggest monitoring it.  Although they're quite likely to also offer options of surgery or radiotherapy and ask what you prefer.  There are several directions and treatments.

You can do many what-ifs but It's often said don't get ahead of yourself and talk yourself into worry before it happens because it might not  Although I like to be ready for whatever they throw.

Edited by member 07 Oct 2022 at 22:53  | Reason: Not specified