I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Hello another Dave

User
Posted 21 Oct 2022 at 20:58

Just thought I would say hello. I have been lurking for a month or so. I have not had time to do my bio yet ( bio now available 😎 ). I am Gleason 7 ( 4+3 ) T2A, N0, M0. I will be going up to the Beatson in Glasgow in 10 days time  to discuss my treatment with a consultant. It will be some form of RT, hopefully brachytherapy.

I have found this forum very useful and hopefully in the future I will be able to put in some positive input. 

That is all for now. It is Friday night I am going to have a couple of glasses of red wine ( while I can ) and watch a couple of episodes of House to take my mind off things!🤔😂

Rgds

Dave

Edited by member 22 Oct 2022 at 20:11  | Reason: Bio now added in profile.

User
Posted 22 Oct 2022 at 07:55

Hi Dave,

Sorry you find yourself here.

It sounds like it has been found early enough to give you more options for treatment which is good news.

I don’t know too much about brachytherapy although a friend had it a few years ago and found it all ok and is doing really well.

Best of luck with whatever you decide. Hope you enjoyed your Friday wine 🍷👍

User
Posted 22 Oct 2022 at 10:51
Hi Dave, good luck with the treatment which I am sure will work well for you. The clinic at the Beatson is very good and the doctors are very kind and on the ball. Hope it all goes well. Cheers, Michael
User
Posted 22 Oct 2022 at 11:31

Hi with those score sounds like you have been caught early and will be on a curative path. Best of luck with the treatment.

Jim

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 22 Oct 2022 at 07:55

Hi Dave,

Sorry you find yourself here.

It sounds like it has been found early enough to give you more options for treatment which is good news.

I don’t know too much about brachytherapy although a friend had it a few years ago and found it all ok and is doing really well.

Best of luck with whatever you decide. Hope you enjoyed your Friday wine 🍷👍

User
Posted 22 Oct 2022 at 10:51
Hi Dave, good luck with the treatment which I am sure will work well for you. The clinic at the Beatson is very good and the doctors are very kind and on the ball. Hope it all goes well. Cheers, Michael
User
Posted 22 Oct 2022 at 11:31

Hi with those score sounds like you have been caught early and will be on a curative path. Best of luck with the treatment.

Jim