I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Five stars for your advice

User
Posted 25 Oct 2022 at 19:49

I'm not sure if this will be seen as some of my postings vanish into the ether (operator error on my part, I suspect)

However, I started a post back in the spring (which I now can't find) when my husband's PSA was rising each month. Several of you responded and Lyn outlined the relationship between testosterone levels and PSA. As a result of this we discovered that zoladex was not reducing the testosterone levels adequately and we managed to persuade the consultant to alter OHs 3 monthly injections to decapeptyl. 

This evening we have learned that since the last test in September the testosterone levels have reduced to 0.5 from 1.1 and PSA has fallen to 1.57 from 3.1. So heading in a much preferable direction!

We're so very grateful to you all for the info and advice you have provided. We wouldn't have known the right questions to ask without your input. What a great resource this website is! Sincerest thanks from us both. 

User
Posted 25 Oct 2022 at 19:49

I'm not sure if this will be seen as some of my postings vanish into the ether (operator error on my part, I suspect)

However, I started a post back in the spring (which I now can't find) when my husband's PSA was rising each month. Several of you responded and Lyn outlined the relationship between testosterone levels and PSA. As a result of this we discovered that zoladex was not reducing the testosterone levels adequately and we managed to persuade the consultant to alter OHs 3 monthly injections to decapeptyl. 

This evening we have learned that since the last test in September the testosterone levels have reduced to 0.5 from 1.1 and PSA has fallen to 1.57 from 3.1. So heading in a much preferable direction!

We're so very grateful to you all for the info and advice you have provided. We wouldn't have known the right questions to ask without your input. What a great resource this website is! Sincerest thanks from us both. 

User
Posted 27 Oct 2022 at 02:15

Hi, just bumping your post up, as it had nearly fallen of the page before anyone had time to see it.

Dave

User
Posted 27 Oct 2022 at 04:01

As you say Granita, heading in the right direction.

If you want to check your earlier posts, click on "Granita" to the left of your post or "my account" at the top of the page and it will take you to a page which offers "last ten posts" plus other options like "my conversations". That might help if you want to keep a continuous thread going which should give a fuller picture of the whole story.

Jules

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 27 Oct 2022 at 02:15

Hi, just bumping your post up, as it had nearly fallen of the page before anyone had time to see it.

Dave

User
Posted 27 Oct 2022 at 04:01

As you say Granita, heading in the right direction.

If you want to check your earlier posts, click on "Granita" to the left of your post or "my account" at the top of the page and it will take you to a page which offers "last ten posts" plus other options like "my conversations". That might help if you want to keep a continuous thread going which should give a fuller picture of the whole story.

Jules

User
Posted 27 Oct 2022 at 10:01

Pleased you found out. Not all the GnRH Agonist injections work for everyone, and switching can sometimes generate better results - I've come across this a number of times. I haven't seen any single universal pattern of one particular drug failing more often so there's probably no option to switch to the best one as that's different for each person. I may have seen more switches away from Prostap to Zoladex, but that's probably because Prostap is the most common one, but I've also seen one switch from Zoladex to Prostap work better.

Decapeptyl became more popular during COVID because of the 24 week version of it requiring fewer appointments, something the manufacturers heavily advertised to clinicians during this period.

User
Posted 27 Oct 2022 at 10:43

Thanks Andy62

We have found this forum invaluable for info. After reading the comments on my previous thread we found the article below. The onco was happy to try it but without the input of the members here we wouldn't have requested the change. As you have pointed out it might not benefit others, but in our case we have seen a decline in testosterone levels and subsequently PSA. So, thanks again....we'll keep "tuning in"

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31294133/