I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Focal therapies

User
Posted 07 Nov 2022 at 13:17

I had IMRT radiotherapy in 2009, a post-recurrence salvage prostatectomy in 2015 and am now facing a third operation (removal of bladder and rectum) following the discovery of the same prostatic disease in the bladder neck.  I'll clearly do anything I can to avoid that procedure and thanks to guidance on here I'm exploring focal therapy options. But what I haven't been able to establish is whether any in this range of treatments can be delievered when there is no prostate - in my case to the bladder neck.  Does anyone happen to know? Thanks a million 

User
Posted 09 Nov 2022 at 02:32

see my response on this thread https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t28693-Oncologist-recommendation

Nevertheless always worth checking out all possibilities before deciding. I would suggest contacting UCLH who apart from being the leaders in Focal Therapy in the UK, have the largest range of treatments and have a cyclotron so are able to administer Proton beam where applicable. Unfortunately, their response is slow as opinions are sought from them from all over the UK.

Suggest you try to keep your personal treatment possibilities to one thread so members will not have to go from one to another.

Edited by member 09 Nov 2022 at 02:34  | Reason: to highlight link

Barry