I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

BRCA 2

User
Posted 07 Nov 2022 at 14:55

Are there any other men on here who have advanced metastatic Pca and are BRCA 2?

User
Posted 07 Nov 2022 at 15:57

I saw your post in relation to chemo and have responded on that link. Ive been on and off it for 5 years now and i haven't really had too many problems with it. Olaparib is not available in England so I cant get it unless i pay about £3000 per month. Crazy!! Its licensed in Scotland, Ireland and most of the rest of the world.

Also have you considered Lutetium 177? Apparently BRCA 2 carriers have had a good response to it. Also Pembrolizumab is an immunotherapy which BRCA 2 carries have responded to. Don't think that chemo is the last option out there. Plenty of new drugs and ongoing trials, especially for us mutants😀

User
Posted 07 Nov 2022 at 16:01

Did they say what type of chemo you will be having? The standard of care is usually either docetaxel or cabazitaxel however I had 20 carboplatin infusions which is less toxic than the others and again works well for BRCA 2 sufferers.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 07 Nov 2022 at 15:49

Yes I have BRCA and was prescribed olaparib. It worked well for 18 months but got stopped as it wasn't doing anything anymore. Now on chemo hopefully that will work and slow the cancer down. Olaparib were my magic tablets and got a decent quality of life when on them. I'm not sure if they can be prescribed in England though maybe worth asking about them.

User
Posted 07 Nov 2022 at 15:57

I saw your post in relation to chemo and have responded on that link. Ive been on and off it for 5 years now and i haven't really had too many problems with it. Olaparib is not available in England so I cant get it unless i pay about £3000 per month. Crazy!! Its licensed in Scotland, Ireland and most of the rest of the world.

Also have you considered Lutetium 177? Apparently BRCA 2 carriers have had a good response to it. Also Pembrolizumab is an immunotherapy which BRCA 2 carries have responded to. Don't think that chemo is the last option out there. Plenty of new drugs and ongoing trials, especially for us mutants😀

User
Posted 07 Nov 2022 at 16:01

Did they say what type of chemo you will be having? The standard of care is usually either docetaxel or cabazitaxel however I had 20 carboplatin infusions which is less toxic than the others and again works well for BRCA 2 sufferers.

User
Posted 14 Nov 2022 at 16:39

Sorry missed this post. I'm away to have 2nd cycle of docetaxel this week. It seems to be working albeit last week I was in pain out of the week and now seem to have a pain a day in radom locations in my hips lower back feet upper legs and knees. I thought it stopped working! Just putting it down to having chemo until I speak to oncology tomorrow. Still got hair but expecting the worse of it after this weeks cycle

User
Posted 04 Jan 2023 at 11:27

Late answering this but my husband has faulty BRCA and has advanced metastatic disease, Stage 4 incurable. I have updated my / his profile with his treatment so far.