I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Surgeon's record search

User
Posted 11 Nov 2022 at 17:49

Hello, I'm new here on behalf of my husband.  I would like to know how to search for your surgeon's operating record.  I have tried the ebaus route but couldn't get far with it.  Thanks.

User
Posted 11 Nov 2022 at 21:56
Urologists are supposed to publish their data on the BAUS website but some seem to ignore the requirement. If your surgeon doesn't publish on BAUS, the only way to get it is to ask him / her.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 09 Jun 2023 at 16:28

That's not quite right. In the UK, a patient can put in a subject access request (SAR) for their own medical records and the hospital has one calendar month to respond.
Family / relatives cannot put in a SAR unless they are the parent of a child under the age of 12 or they have been awarded LPA / EPA for an adult who lacks capacity.

In Lucy's case, she is not looking for a relative's medical record - she wants data about the surgeon. A SAR cannot be used in that situation so Lucy's family member would have to submit a Freedom of Information request. The BAUS no longer publishes data for individual urologists

Edited by member 09 Jun 2023 at 16:29  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard