I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

various tests and PSA level

User
Posted 12 Nov 2022 at 14:51

Hello, so, a bit more information on hubby's case.   He is 75 and after a routine blood test his PSA levels were 31.  Doctor referred him to cancer pathway.  He has since had a bone scan, NEGATIVE, a CT scan, NEGATIVE, and has just had an MRI for which he awaits the results. On examination he was told there was a slightly more firm feel to one side of the prostate.  He has no symptoms but has been taking medication for slightly enlarged prostate for years now. Worrying wait each time but we remain positive in view of the aforementioned negative scans. No specific question in this post, just wanted to let you know my situation.  Thanks for reading.

User
Posted 12 Nov 2022 at 14:51

Hello, so, a bit more information on hubby's case.   He is 75 and after a routine blood test his PSA levels were 31.  Doctor referred him to cancer pathway.  He has since had a bone scan, NEGATIVE, a CT scan, NEGATIVE, and has just had an MRI for which he awaits the results. On examination he was told there was a slightly more firm feel to one side of the prostate.  He has no symptoms but has been taking medication for slightly enlarged prostate for years now. Worrying wait each time but we remain positive in view of the aforementioned negative scans. No specific question in this post, just wanted to let you know my situation.  Thanks for reading.

User
Posted 12 Nov 2022 at 21:14

A negative bone scan is good news.  I haven't heard of people having a CT scan before an MRI but any negative test is a good step.   Good to be positive. All the best Peter

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 12 Nov 2022 at 21:14

A negative bone scan is good news.  I haven't heard of people having a CT scan before an MRI but any negative test is a good step.   Good to be positive. All the best Peter

User
Posted 29 Dec 2022 at 09:11
Thats sounds very positive Lucy..i can imagine the concerns both your husband and yourself are going through.I ve just had a high reading of 12 ,70 .So obviously going through those same concerns.I note that this post was posted in November.So maybe you have had good news since then...

Kind regards

Mark