I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Some relief from inflammation

User
Posted 12 Nov 2022 at 19:26

I’ve recently finished a course of Rt treatment 4days ago, I have been one of the lucky ones with not having many side effects, apart from the inflammation down below making it very uncomfortable passing at both ends, however I have found that Ibruprofen almost completely eradicated that particular side effect. 
However, don’t overdo it as it can have the effect of bunging you up. 

User
Posted 13 Nov 2022 at 20:59

If the problem is radiation proctitis then I found that a prescription of Proctosedyl suppositories helped me 

User
Posted 14 Nov 2022 at 22:17

Thank you, I think from the sound of that it could very well be my problem. I am only passing a mucus, sometimes with blood spots, and not passed solid’s for several days now.  

User
Posted 15 Nov 2022 at 18:56

I am two and a half weeks down the line. I'm still getting a mucus build up which can make breaking wind tricky. A bit of blood is a common side effect but so far I've avoided that. It sounds like you might be bunged up if you are just passing mucus.

User
Posted 16 Nov 2022 at 06:32

Your quite right, it turned out to be faecal impaction, probably caused by dehydration, I’ve started drinking water by the jug full and it certainly loosened me up last night. Hopefully that will be the end of my troubles but I won’t hold my breath……