I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Dexa scan results not good

User
Posted 14 Nov 2022 at 13:30

hi,I have just been down to the surgery to get a print out of my scan results  not good.t score 2.5 I knew this would happen with no testosterone and underweight, I knew I would get osteoporosis, no doctor has been in touch, I had to see the receptionist who printed it out, I asked when a gp would  be in touch she said don't know, they have had the results since last week, bit worried now,any help  please. 

User
Posted 14 Nov 2022 at 14:59

Hi Radar,

I had a DEXA scan and the results were - “the readings in the lumbar reflective significant osteopenia in left hip, moderate osteopenia in right hip.” I can’t recall having been told the numbers.

I was prescribed Adcal-D3, 2 tablets daily to help.

Know this is different to osteoporosis what you believe you have but I hope this helps.

Arthur

User
Posted 14 Nov 2022 at 15:51

Thanks, awr, the femoral neck is0.593,regarding calcium supplements any good I have read a lot of  reviews to say not,the lowest t score is-4.1measured at the lumber spine,I will know more  when I talk  to a gp,these phone calls from  gp aren't good because I wear  hearing aids from explosions from  being  in the  army. 

User
Posted 14 Nov 2022 at 22:46

Anybody have osteoporosis along with prostate cancer. 

User
Posted 15 Nov 2022 at 08:04
It is linked to the hormone treatment for PC...
User
Posted 15 Nov 2022 at 10:21

As francij1 says about it being linked to HT, that’s what my oncologist said so that’s why I had the DEXA scan and the Adcal-D3 tablets.

User
Posted 15 Nov 2022 at 15:51

Thanks, think I will have to go on denosumab because of my hiatus hernia, but have read horror stories of all medication for osteoporosis, gp is asking endocrinologist regarding my testosterone  not  recovering. 

User
Posted 15 Nov 2022 at 16:26
Any medication can have bad side-effects, but for the overwhelming majority of patients it doesn't. Have you read the leaflet that comes with Aspirin about the dreadful things it might do to you?

Cheers,

Chris
User
Posted 15 Nov 2022 at 18:56

Testosterone normally helps keep osteoporosis at bay as you know, so that could be a good argument for supplementary replacement therapy of one sort or another.

Jules

Edited by member 15 Nov 2022 at 18:59  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 16 Nov 2022 at 09:26

Thanks, also been reading that dexa scans are not wholly accurate and  that a CT scan gives better results, dexa scan 2 dimensional, CT scan 3 dimensional.